Page 792 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 772782784785786787788789790791792793794795796797798799800802812 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I wouldn't be worried. I had a few items as a minor and a few run ins (nothing major) and had no issues with approval.

Hi all I am new to this forum and have applied for my PAL. It has passed initial processing and gone to the chief firearms officer in my province(Manitoba).
    I don't understand what that means?
    Also is there anyway I can speed this part of the process up?
    Thanks for any info

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimebeatle View Post
    Hi all I am new to this forum and have applied for my PAL. It has passed initial processing and gone to the chief firearms officer in my province(Manitoba).
    I don't understand what that means?
    Also is there anyway I can speed this part of the process up?
    Thanks for any info
    It means call them for an interview. They will most likely tell you to have your references call afterwards.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    It means call them for an interview. They will most likely tell you to have your references call afterwards.
    Dont usually have to do an interview for just PAL unless it's also your RPAL.

hi there, thanks for the input.
    it is just a regular PAL that I've applied for. The lady on the phone told me that it goes to the cfo for final decision. I was just hoping to speed it up a bit, I really wanna buy myself something for xmas lol. Can I call the 800# and ask to speak to the cfo? there is no direct phone number to reach in manitoba that I can find.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimebeatle View Post
    hi there, thanks for the input.
    it is just a regular PAL that I've applied for. The lady on the phone told me that it goes to the cfo for final decision. I was just hoping to speed it up a bit, I really wanna buy myself something for xmas lol. Can I call the 800# and ask to speak to the cfo? there is no direct phone number to reach in manitoba that I can find.
    Not sure how old this file is but worth a try. http://www.cfi-icaf.ca/files/CFOs.pdf Once approved I have heard they may give you the PAL number at which point you could probably order something online but don't think you'll be getting it in the mail before next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mds694 View Post
    Not sure how old this file is but worth a try. http://www.cfi-icaf.ca/files/CFOs.pdf Once approved I have heard they may give you the PAL number at which point you could probably order something online but don't think you'll be getting it in the mail before next Thursday.
    Thank you very much. I did call the number and it appears to be correct but I got the answering machine inviting me to call back at a later dater due to a higher than normal call volume.
    I thought it was funny that I was "invited "to call back. Nonetheless I think its the right number.

Quote Originally Posted by rkr View Post
    They gave you the official form or a simple note from a doctor was enough?
    He just wrote on his prescription pad. "This person is mentally stable to posses a firearm".
    Lol short and sweet. That's why it's slower I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    [For Ontario residents: you can send in your application before you get your stamped CFSC firearms course results back from the Ontario CFO and get the 28 day waiting period started earlier than if you wait and attach the results to the application. Questions 20(a) and (b) each have a box to check if the exam results are enclosed, so you would just leave that blank. Probably also worthwhile to include a note that exam results will follow. The 28 day clock starts once the application is received by CFC. If you wait until you get your 'stamped' safety course report(s) back you have added that to your waiting period, and it is often about 6 weeks.]
    Has anyone from Ontario who has done this method encountered any delays due to the waiting period ending before results were sent in? Im hesitant with the holidays now to send in paperwork, and end up having my application moved to the incomplete pile due to lack of proof. Also has anyone had issues with follow on results not seeing up with their application? What identification or reference other than your name and info on the testing sheets did you send to ensure your results met up with your pending application?

Finally for my pal issued! Rcmp received it June 23rd. Been phoning every couple weeks, and an officer finally phoned me today. Did an interview and I checked this afternoon, it's issued. Early Xmas present!