Page 7 of 1151 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Regular
    I can't comment on Ontario but I have purchased an unrestricted firearm in Alberta from a retail outlet with the PAL number only prior to receiving the actual card.
    They weren't sure it would work but the Alberta CFO had advised that there would be no problem and the store put it through (online) without any issues.
    Also to clear up any uncertainty about the process, the CFC does the background work and the prov. CFO approves the application. The CFO is the office that is in the position to grant approval over the phone.
    Following approval either office would have access to the PAL number but in my experience the Alberta CFO is far easier to deal with than the CFC.

Let's keep this thread to PAL approvals, there are lots dealing with the time it takes to get restricted transfers done.

By the way, the .000 suffix number increases by one every time the licence is renewed or changed. The original licence number stays the same.
    If you have a POL and change to a PAL your new number will be the same plus one.
    A vendor does not need to see the .000 number as part of the sale transaction, they only input the main licence number.
    Last edited by calalta; 06-24-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gooki View Post
    Just wondering but what use is just the PAL # without the plastic id?
    Apply for an ATT before your plastic arrives in the mail?

BANNED
    I just did my interview on the phone does this mean its close to being approved and mailed?

Mine is officially approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 days from the date I sent it - so not the end of the world. Just an FYI - I answered "Yes" to a "No" question and had to provide additional paperwork.

Now waiting for the card to come

I'm SO excited!!! This is going to make trap tonight even more fun!!! (Now I just have to worry about the CC statements... *giggle*) :D
    Last edited by Silver_wlf; 06-16-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
    KCCC | RRGC

More than a single box of ammunition is "thousands of rounds" or a cache. More than two guns is an "arsenal".

Yes i had to answer yes the jobloss question , as I was laid off from one job due to lack of work , then i was having severe back pain problems and had to go on medical leave . I put a note in with my application regarding the situation , and explained it over again to them during my interview and everything was just fine.

And when speaking to them i simply kept a very calm attitude , didnt push or try to seem like the wait was getting on my nerves or it was some big deal that i had to wait . and i got everything i needed / answered without issue.

I got my card in the mail today.

Total Time = 35 days.

This was a great discussion forum. I learned a great deal about Ont. and AB law and the ways to speed up your PAL. However I am in Manitoba. Does these things also apply here. Doesnt anyone get their PAL here or does everyone shoot illegally. Could someone post from Manitoba and let me know????
    Quote:JoeCWales When they were little I explained Rule #3 to my kids as: "Keep yer booger hook off the bang switch, till the sites are on the target." They've never forgotten and still laugh about it today.

IMO It is better to ask a stupid question and look stupid, than to make a stupid mistake and PROVE you are stupid!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    I called today regarding the letter I received saying there were no safety results attached ... the lady said my results were not available to her and that there was no way to check the status of them.

Hopefully I get my results in the mail shortly so I can fax the results to them (she did give me the fax # 1-800-411-0622) and get this party started.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdragon2 View Post
    This was a great discussion forum. I learned a great deal about Ont. and AB law and the ways to speed up your PAL. However I am in Manitoba. Does these things also apply here. Doesnt anyone get their PAL here or does everyone shoot illegally. Could someone post from Manitoba and let me know????
    I had mine done in Manitoba...it took almost 5 months. Why so long, I have no idea...I received no contact from then until 2 weeks prior to getting my card, which is when they phoned me to ask questions. Any specific questions, please PM me.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdragon2 View Post
    *** However I am in Manitoba. Do these things also apply here? ***
    Most of the info in the original post pertains to the federal CFC and that is the same process for every applicant regardless of residence.