Page 8 of 1150 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Application Sent on: 2010/05/25
    Application Received on: 2010/05/26 (yea, I live close to the registry)
    Called in & Completed Interview: 2010/06/02
    Cheque Cashed by Receiver General: 2010/06/02
    References Called in & Completed Interview: 2010/06/03

2010-06-23 -> "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

special thank you to calalta for his posts!! Your suggestions helped expedite the process
    Dozens of people are gunned down each day in Springfield, but until now none of them was important. I'm Kent Brockman. At three p.m. Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was shot following a tense confrontation at town hall. Burns was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to "alive".

-My application was sent in May 7th

-Received on May 17th

-Called in May 26th for interview (failed on one of my references, only known them for 2 years, facepalm on my part) They said they were sending out the change of reference declaration that day, I called at 9 am.

-June 24th I receive my change of reference...

-June 25th I send it back...

Now the waiting game again.

Guess what came in the mail today!?!?
    Dozens of people are gunned down each day in Springfield, but until now none of them was important. I'm Kent Brockman. At three p.m. Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was shot following a tense confrontation at town hall. Burns was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to "alive".

Mine just showed up this minute . i nearly hugged the mailman ..

Quote Originally Posted by MontyHere View Post
    THANKS!

My upgrade to RPAL app will be going in as soon as I get the 2nd reference to sign. I'll track/post the progress for another reference.
    June 24, 2010 My upgrade was mailed , regular mail from Langley BC...
    June 30, 2010 Website said application received.
    July 02, 2010 Talked to CFC and they said my application was not in the system yet.
    July 09, 2010 Talked to CFC and they said that the dept that does the interviews hasn't seen my scanned application yet so they couldn't conduct the interview.
    July 12, 2010 Phoned to complete a non-restricted transfer and asked if I could do my interview. They transferred me and I completed interview.
    July 12, 2010 Got both references to phone in and complete interview.
    July 20, 2010 Faxed CFO for BC and asked if they had my application for review.
    July 28, 2010 BCYTCFP@rcmp-grc.gc.ca emailed me to say this:
    "Monty,
    You application has been received and is currently being reviewed by a Firearms Officer.
    Thank you
    BC & Yukon Canadian Firearms Program"
    August 09, 2010 Called CFC to check status. They confirmed that the BC CFO had application and said I could call in to check periodically.
    Last edited by MontyHere; 08-09-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: updates

Application received June 10th
    Then phoned in and did interview/had references phone

Phoned BC CFO July 7th, was told license approved on June 18th, but I had to wait 15 days from the date of approval for Mirimachi to issue the license. BC CFO did however issue an ATT over the phone today, even though I don't have my license issued. I don't know where this 15 day waiting time the CFO told me came from.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Fox View Post
    Application received June 10th
    Then phoned in and did interview/had references phone

Phoned BC CFO July 7th, was told license approved on June 18th, but I had to wait 15 days from the date of approval for Mirimachi to issue the license. BC CFO did however issue an ATT over the phone today, even though I don't have my license issued. I don't know where this 15 day waiting time the CFO told me came from.
    Don't think it is a specified wait period, I believe that PAL cards are printed Fridays, and your approval date was a Friday so you probably missed the June 18 printing and had to wait until June 25 for printing, then mailing = approximately 15 days. Your card should be there any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    Don't think it is a specified wait period, I believe that PAL cards are printed Fridays, and your approval date was a Friday so you probably missed the June 18 printing and had to wait until June 25 for printing, then mailing = approximately 15 days. Your card should be there any day now.
    Even though the RCMP website is showing that the application is still in progress? I think I will call the hot-line tomorrow and ask them, today I only spoke to the CFO.

Thanks for all your help by the way!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Fox View Post
    Even though the RCMP website is showing that the application is still in progress? I think I will call the hot-line tomorrow and ask them, today I only spoke to the CFO.

Thanks for all your help by the way!
    Yes, you better phone, something doesn't add up here. When it is approved by CFO the CFC site will say:
    Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)
    Glad this thread helped.

Phoned in this morning and it just changed to:
    Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Something must have been overlooked before. I wonder if I am the first person to have an ATT issued before having the PAL issued