Page 909 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 889899901902903904905906907908909910911912913914915916917919929 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

First time post...long time reader

Time line for me:
    Ontario PAL/RPAL

Feb 6,7,8 - Courses taken
    March 9th - Results back and stamped by CFO
    - sent in original with the CFO stamp
    March 12th - Received by CFP
    March 31st - Application online
    April 13th - First call to check on application (t's crossed, i's dotted) Told everything looked good, still processing and to wait a week or 2 and call in again
    April 23rd - Called again and was told to have one reference call in. They did 10 minutes later.
    April 25th - 'License issued' was posted online.

Total time: 45 days

Now just waiting for the mail

Make sure your application is filled out perfectly, check and re-check it. Don't pester them, just inquire. Super friendly people. Be patient (I know it's hard)

Personally I think sending the application complete, waiting for the safety certificates and sending the original stamped copies is the way to go. There is virtually no difference in peoples timelines that I have observed on this site. Proper Application with all documents is 43-45 days, just less chance things get shuffled or misplaced.

Cheers and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by parrisw View Post
    WTF seriously????? Mine was recieved Dec 9th. Still nothing.
    I think they hate people from the Island!!

Mine was recieved 11 Dec sent to BC CFO 26 Feb and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Auscon View Post
    I think they hate people from the Island!!

Mine was recieved 11 Dec sent to BC CFO 26 Feb and still nothing.
    What a joke. Can't believe how long it's taking. :-(

What kind of questions will they ask the reference and for how long approximately?

Quote Originally Posted by joshb View Post
    What kind of questions will they ask the reference and for how long approximately?
    The interview will likely take all of five minutes - but add another ten or fifteen minutes of possible hold time.

They will confirm their name and the contact address you provided, ask how long they've known you, if they know you've applied for a gun license and why (make sure they know to answer that it's for target shooting if you applied for restricted). They may ask whether you are prone to anger or fighting, if they've ever heard you make threatening remarks, expressed extremist political views, that sort of thing. They may broadly ask if there's any reason your contact thinks they should be denied. Fairly quick and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticHound View Post
    The interview will likely take all of five minutes - but add another ten or fifteen minutes of possible hold time.

They will confirm their name and the contact address you provided, ask how long they've known you, if they know you've applied for a gun license and why (make sure they know to answer that it's for target shooting if you applied for restricted). They may ask whether you are prone to anger or fighting, if they've ever heard you make threatening remarks, expressed extremist political views, that sort of thing. They may broadly ask if there's any reason your contact thinks they should be denied. Fairly quick and simple.
    Thanks

I currently have my non restricted pal decided to upgrade to rpal, took the test on feb15 got results same day. Sent on feb18, received by cfc on feb23 showed online march15 called in on March30th told my reference could call, ref called 10 mins later interview lasted 3 minutes, I called every week since and told the same thing ,still with cfo, I had a bout depression in 2012 and had to state that on application however it was the same thing I stated when I applied for my nrpal ,told the lady that nothing has changed i just had to say yes on the Application because it hadn't been 5 years yet. Called yesterday April 28 said I was frustrated and she said to try in another month as they are well within a reasonable time frame.and the bc cfo has not hundreds but thousands of applications to go through . It's been 47 business days and over 65 calendar days.oh well more time to save for a pistol I guess. I'll keep calling every week though ,you never know.im in bc by the way
    Last edited by Seppe101; 04-29-2015 at 05:09 PM.

So over these guys.

They are actually the slowest and some of the rudest people I've ever spoken to on the phone, lol.

My application was recieved JAN 05th, 2015 (application for res and non res)

I checked and called weekly after my 28 day wait; It didn't end up on their desk (Wasn't able to have my references call in until March 20th.

One of my references messed up; so they mailed me a new reference form; it came to my house on April 2nd.

Priority sent it to them; waited until this week only for them to tell me the laws changed and that they only need to interview one reference now and have sent my app to the alberta CFO for final approval and to have the card issued.

They told me this will take up to another 1.5-2 months before I'll get it in the mail.

Absolute bull####.

And every time I called they were extremely condescending (I get it, I'm not french, they are likely elitist Quebecois people) for absolutely no reason.

Can't wait to finally get this license so I don't have to deal with these idiots for another 5 years.

/end rant

First time poster.

I have been reading this thread for a few days and found a lot of good pointers. Thanks guys.

Took CFSC course: February 21st 2015
    Received CFSC results: March 3rd 2015
    Application mailed: March 9th 2015
    Application received: March 12th 2015
    Took CRFSC course: March 23rd 2015
    Application started to be processed: March 31st 2015 (at least that's what the CFC agent told me on the phone)
    Application status showing online: first week of April 2015
    Received CRFSC results: April 10th 2015
    Faxed CRFSC results to CFC to upgrade application to RPAL: April 14th 2015
    Called April 17th 2015 and was told that everything is in order (fax received and already in my file)
    Called the following week to see if there is any progress. I was told the same thing and asked to call in 2-3 weeks
    Called April 27th and was told that my application reached my provincial CFO. It is out of their hands now.
    Called the following day and got the same answer.
    Called again yesterday to ask for the reference/interview calls and got "it is out of our hands and you need to wait ... You could call in 2-3 weeks".

At this point I do not know what to do. How can I know if the CFO is ready for the interview / reference calls? Any pointers/ideas?

I have been reading in this thread that we could call for the phone interview and let references call CFC to expedite the process. Usually I call 1-800-731-4000 (option 2 for English .. then option 5 ... then option 2) and end up talking to an agent. Is that what I am supposed to be doing? I was wondering which number/extension should I be calling at this point to get done with the interview and reference calls to get the final approval?

Thanks in advance for your input and help.

UPDATE: I was able to reach the CFO handling my file. She was very nice and professional. She explained to me that the RCMP did not transfer the results of my CRFSC. As soon as it goes into my file, they will do the reference calls.
    Last edited by lebango; 04-30-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Jan 26 - Registered for first available courses.
    Feb 6/7/8 - CFSC + CRFSC
    Mar 6 - FSEO Stamp
    Mar 10 - Received stamped results.
    Mar 12 - Mailed application.
    Mar 17 - Mail signed for.
    Apr 7 - Application appears online.
    Apr 8 - Called in: Still entering data, call back next Friday.
    Apr 14 - Called in: Looks complete, call back in a week or two.
    Apr 17 - Called in: No news, call back in a week or two.
    Apr 23 - Called in: No news, call back in a week or two.
    Apr 23 - Called in: ready for one reference. They called in half an hour later.
    Apr 27 - Called in: High call volume message, and IRS style “courtesy disconnect”.
    Apr 28 - Called in: no news, check back next week.
    Apr 30 - License Issued!

94 days from the time I decided to go for it (i.e. stopped waiting for indecisive friends to take the course with me).
    44 days from application was received at CFP for an RPAL, in Ontario, guess I got lucky.