Page 9 of 1150 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    Thanks to this thread - 40 days from the day that I passed my PAL challenge tests to the day the piece of plastic was in my hand - 35 days from the date my PAL application was received in Miramichi

I got all 3 of my interviews done 18 days after they received my papers, so far so good! That was yesterday, making Monday the 19th my good-to-go day. This is going to be a very expensive week for me, gotta think of something to distract the wife.... :D

I waited no longer than 30 days from when I put the envelope in the mail to when I had my PAL without ever phoning in. Neither myself, nor my references were contacted. I must seem very trustworthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I waited no longer than 30 days from when I put the envelope in the mail to when I had my PAL without ever phoning in. Neither myself, nor my references were contacted. I must seem very trustworthy...
    A friend of mine had the same thing happen when he applied, my licence is an RPAL, I wonder if that makes the difference and guarantees the call?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    I am sitting at 8 weeks as of today since they recieved my pal app, the website says that it is being processed. I see most are fairly fast to be completed. They phoned me and my ref's back in may, only person they haven't contacted is my ex. If there is an issue with the pal app, will they contact me? Or is it up to me to call them to see if there are any issues? I'm not really in much of hurry but I would like to know if there are any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Sprocket View Post
    I am sitting at 8 weeks as of today since they recieved my pal app, the website says that it is being processed. I see most are fairly fast to be completed. They phoned me and my ref's back in may, only person they haven't contacted is my ex. If there is an issue with the pal app, will they contact me? Or is it up to me to call them to see if there are any issues? I'm not really in much of hurry but I would like to know if there are any issues.
    Why do people always assume they contact your ex?

If the ex or current wife/gf isn't a reference they likely won't contact her.

Maybe Quebec is an execption, and only recently.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    My ex girl friend is listed as my last partner on my pal, since we dated with in the last two years. I have no worries of her as we talk weekly. The rc's haven't called her yet. But like i said this is not the issue, more over do i cantact them or just wait.

My ex girl friend is listed as my last partner on my pal, since we dated with in the last two years. I have no worries of her as we talk weekly. The rc's haven't called her yet. But like i said this is not the issue, more over do i cantact them or just wait.
    I would call and check and see if they need anything. Since she is listed they probably do need to speak with her. If not - they'll tell you what's missing.

Just so you know - I imagine that she doesn't have her name on her voicemail - and they won't leave a message if the person's name isn't listed in the message. If they need to talk to her you can have her call in.
    KCCC | RRGC

More than a single box of ammunition is "thousands of rounds" or a cache. More than two guns is an "arsenal".

When I applied for mine (RPAL), they phoned me because of a mistake in the credit card number. None of my references were called. Arrived about 30 days after application.

Just because you had a girlfriend or dated someone doesn't mean you have to list them.

Read the form, it says list your last or current spouse, common law or conjugnal partner. This means someone you are either married to or have co-habited with for at least two years (or three years in some provinces).

The government doesn't care about or want info about who you dated, just who you live with.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill