Page 13 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Ok just a quick question here, my CFSC and CRFSC are both this weekend (21/22) say I pass, what's next? Should I send in my PAL/RPAL app on Monday (23)? What's with this whole certificates and what not? Do I have to wait on something from the CFO before I can send in my app?

CGN Regular
    after you pass, you fill out an application send it in with money and a picture of yourself. then wait

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sardaukar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bop67 View Post
    Ok just a quick question here, my CFSC and CRFSC are both this weekend (21/22) say I pass, what's next? Should I send in my PAL/RPAL app on Monday (23)? What's with this whole certificates and what not? Do I have to wait on something from the CFO before I can send in my app?
    You will have to wait for your test results. Then you send your application with the money and the picture as soon as you can:D.

Thanks calalta!

Today's the end of my 28 day waiting period. Was going to call the CFC to see if there was anything missing from my application, or anything wrong with it that was going to hold it up... But I decided to check online first - maybe I didn't need to make the call.

And I didn't. "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

Sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Can't wait to get the envelope now... Once I have it, I've got a call to make to Marstar!
    "All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

I see what some of you mean by keeping on top of these guys...

They received my application on July 6th.... it has been "In process" since... Aug 20th today...

Called the CFC and they said everything looked ok and he would check into my application and I should call back next week... this didn't make much sense to me..

Called back and spoke to a different person and was told my application was at a stage where they would be doing the interviews... so they transferred me for my interview.. I had to press them and ask if I could get my references to call in after I was done and they said ok... wonder how long my application would have sat in limbo?? I know they didn't call me or any of my references...

Quote Originally Posted by blairz View Post
    I see what some of you mean by keeping on top of these guys...

They received my application on July 6th.... it has been "In process" since... Aug 20th today...

Called the CFC and they said everything looked ok and he would check into my application and I should call back next week... this didn't make much sense to me..

Called back and spoke to a different person and was told my application was at a stage where they would be doing the interviews... so they transferred me for my interview.. I had to press them and ask if I could get my references to call in after I was done and they said ok... wonder how long my application would have sat in limbo?? I know they didn't call me or any of my references...
    I sent my stuff in by Xpress Post - signature required - on July 20th. Received in Miramichi July 23rd. They called me for my interview August 4th. Called my references the next week. Checked online today (August 20th) and the CFC/CFP website, a glorious bearer of good news, told me my application had been approved!

I never really had to keep on top of them. I guess I just got lucky and my application ended up on the top of the pile instead of the bottom.
    "All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerHand View Post
    I sent my stuff in by Xpress Post - signature required - on July 20th. Received in Miramichi July 23rd. They called me for my interview August 4th. Called my references the next week. Checked online today (August 20th) and the CFC/CFP website, a glorious bearer of good news, told me my application had been approved!

I never really had to keep on top of them. I guess I just got lucky and my application ended up on the top of the pile instead of the bottom.
    I guess I got the back of the line again.. last names starting with "Z"

If I would have been more aggressive I would be shooting already... grrr...

Looks like they received my application and it's in a processing stage. Do they for sure call your contacts and if they do, what kind of bogus questions do they ask.

I remember reading here how somebody put a contact person who was called and asked what do you think he'll use the guns for and they responded, "For protection". Needless to say that person was ticked off and wasn't sure if they were going to give it to him because they posed a hypothetical question to a person who didn't know any better.

CGN Regular
    References are not always contacted. For Restricted PAL they likely will be called.

CGN Regular
    i submitted my pal and restricted both at once. i waited almost 6 months. called them, the lady on the phone pushed the application through that very moment and I saw the status on the webpage change to approved. must of got stuck on someones desk. They never called any of my references.