Page 16 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Regular
    Call display is either CFC, RFC.

THe PAL takes about 21 working days.

Current wait time for a restricted transfer (from a store) with the ONT. CFO is about 2 weeks.

This thread was a big help to me too. Especially the part about phoning in to do interviews (RPAL).

Plastic was shipped 28 days exactly. Pretty simple process overall.

Day 90 and counting. If you had to answer yes to one of the supposed 'no' questions (depression/job loss), apparently a CFO has to review it. Current backlog in BC/Yukon is about 1000 apps, as of a couple weeks ago.

Guess what just arrived in the mail?!?!?

:D :D

I'm kinda at a loss for words.

I never thought this day would come.

And now it has... And now I'm "one of you".

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Oops. Wrong speech.

Well, I'm about to get my "legal gun ownership" on - making a call to Marstar!

"All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

CGN Regular
    you guys getting ure rpal are lucky the cfo has my application but i have no reason to call because they dont do interviews for PAL i guesse i could call in and just say im calling to do interview.. and to hurry the hell up!!!!!!!!!

thi is BULLLLLLLLL i want my card damnit!!!!!!!!!

way past 28 days here almost at 45 here.. im calling on day 45 nomatter what

Sent my application to add restricted on August 8th. Got my new licence yesterday, Sept 1st!!!!! I sent a real nice thank you email that they replied to today and were very happy for my positive comments. I gave 2 of my grown kids as guarantors and we all received the phone interview on the same day as they happened to be at my home. Not sure but maybe it was fast because I had my non restricted for a few years. I'm in BC.

I was planning on following the steps here to move things along, but the RCMP were faster than me. Application received on August 20th, showed up online August 30th, my references and I were all called for interview on August 31st. They said it would be headed to CFO when interviews were done (and after 28days). Hopefully have the RPAL by the end of September. Process smooth as silk so far, and a really nice interviewer. Pleasantly surprised!

Right on Sleepingmoose. My app was recieved on the 20th as well, hopefully mine is coming along as quickly as yours!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbasterd58 View Post
    you guys getting ure rpal are lucky the cfo has my application but i have no reason to call because they dont do interviews for PAL i guesse i could call in and just say im calling to do interview.. and to hurry the hell up!!!!!!!!!

thi is BULLLLLLLLL i want my card damnit!!!!!!!!!

way past 28 days here almost at 45 here.. im calling on day 45 nomatter what
    You shouldn't be waiting to call... ignore their silly 45 day BS

As the Firearms Act is Federal, you would think the implementation of it would be consistent across Canada but I suppose regional implementation varies.