Page 18 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

28 days exact...well to be accepted. I got approved today, without anybody including myself being called, and it's being printed and shipped out. :D

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Artilery92 View Post
    I mailed in my PAL application two weeks ago and it hasn't shown up on the website yet. I called in and the woman told me to wait another week. Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by trambit View Post
    haha I mailed mine in 3 weeks ago and just called. the guy told me to wait another week.

I may be noticing a trend.

did either of you send it via a traceable method so you know exactly when it arrived there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    did either of you send it via a traceable method so you know exactly when it arrived there?
    No I didn't, which I'm starting to regret. I'm going to call back and hopefully speak to somebody else.
    Ubique

On website August 4.
    Contacted August 18th.
    Received in mail Sept 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by trambit View Post
    haha I mailed mine in 3 weeks ago and just called. the guy told me to wait another week.

I may be noticing a trend.
    Hey, mine is finally in the system. The thing is, they didn't ask me for my name so there's no way they could have dug mine out of the pile and moved it along. Is yours in the system yet?
    Ubique

actually mine showed up today too

They did ask me my info when I called but I dont think he did much with it. Guess I was just a day too impatient. From the date they have online as receiving my application its the mail I should be mad at anyways. Took them 12 days to put my info online.

Just to let everyone know this does de-crease your wait time huge, i just had my license issued on day 28 exactly, My app was recieved on aug,19 they called me and my references in late august and then today on day 28 I checked the online status checker thing and it said my app had completed processeing and my license had been issued

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Helped another friend speed along his PAL/RPAL.
    28 days from reciept to in his hot little hands.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

RCMP received my application on August 20th, my references and I were called a few days later, and "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" exactly on day 28 for my RPAL. As I said earlier in this thread, I am actually impressed with the RCMP on this one. I didn't have to call them once, although I'm sure this thread would really be quite helpful during the busy times of year.

Thumbs up

Thank you for an extremely helpful sticky Calalta.

I did exactly as you described in your post.

Turns out my application was fine, everything was complete and satisfactory and both my references had been called and interviewed. The RCMP had actually called a few times for the peronal interview with me at my home phone number but, due to work, I haven't been home much lately. THAT was the only thing missing. I did the quickie interview over the phone and in 5 minutes everything had been done and completed.

Process - complete with one quick phonecall to their 1-800 number.

Great info posted.
    It's an example of the great things that can come out of communal forums like this.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks very much for the good gen.

Cheers