Page 20 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sighted View Post
    Exam results? Am I missing something here, I was handed a copy of my results from my instructor after he finished grading them and told I could just send them off with my application to Miramichi, why would the CFO need the results? Hope I didn't screw that up, or I could be waiting awhile for my PAL...or is this just an Ontario thing?
    I don't know if it's an Ontario thing or not, I'm pretty sure it applies to all new applicants, but after you do all your exams they have to be sent off to the CFO for him/her to sorta stamp it and make it "legit" those then get sent back to you...anybody correct me if I'm wrong

CGN frequent flyer Iron Sighted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bop67 View Post
    I don't know if it's an Ontario thing or not, I'm pretty sure it applies to all new applicants, but after you do all your exams they have to be sent off to the CFO for him/her to sorta stamp it and make it "legit" those then get sent back to you...anybody correct me if I'm wrong

I'm really hoping you are wrong as I have already sent my application in with my exam results and my application is already online and the initial processing is complete and it is now in progress. I will be seriously P.O.ed if it is delayed over this. Anyone want to chime in here that is 100% certain about this?Please?

OK, as another question to you all, does the instructor send a copy of your exam results to the CFO on your behalf, or was I supposed to have sent my copy to the CFO??(this would be problematic as I sent my copy in with my application to Miramichi)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sighted View Post
    OK, as another question to you all, does the instructor send a copy of your exam results to the CFO on your behalf, or was I supposed to have sent my copy to the CFO??(this would be problematic as I sent my copy in with my application to Miramichi)
    The instructor has to send in the test paperwork to the CFO.. and for most provinces they want a copy of that with the PAL/RPAL.. though in on that is not mandatory and I'd think you should be able to get away with it elsewhere as well

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    The instructor has to send in the test paperwork to the CFO.. and for most provinces they want a copy of that with the PAL/RPAL.. though in on that is not mandatory and I'd think you should be able to get away with it elsewhere as well
    It is only NOtario that has that crap with the prov. CFO 'verifying' the results, (I don't know what Quebec does).
    In other provinces you pass the test, they hand you the results and you send it all in, end of story.
    Residents of NOtario don't need to wait for the 'verified' results to submit their PAL application. Read the information that is in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    It is only NOtario that has that crap with the prov. CFO 'verifying' the results, (I don't know what Quebec does).
    In other provinces you pass the test, they hand you the results and you send it all in, end of story.
    Residents of NOtario don't need to wait for the 'verified' results to submit their PAL application. Read the information that is in this thread.
    Whew! Thanks for the information, you have just made me feel a whole lot better, I was fairly certain I had done all the steps properly.

CGN Regular
    Spoke to a very nice woman called Marjorie at the CFC today. They are simply looking for my test results; hope they arrive from the CFO soon. Maybe I should call the CFO just to make sure they received the results from my examiner.

I suspect the extra Ontario step of submitting to the CFO first gives them a heads up that your application is coming soon in case they want to get info from your local police department.

CGN Regular
    The 'justification' for the Ontario process is supposed to be based on a couple of yahoos that sent in false exam scores. Apparently no one thought it was reasonable for the marker to send in the exam results so instead they have added weeks to the process.
    Last edited by calalta; 09-23-2010 at 08:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bush24's Avatar
    I took the Firearm Safety Course (non restricted) in 2006, certificate results were immediate, someone other than the Instructor gave the practical exam. Two changes I noted taking the Firearms Safety Restricted course in 2010, yes I had to wait approx. 4 additional weeks for my results from the ON CFC, another change was that the Instructor also provided the written and practical exam.

Quote Originally Posted by bush24 View Post
    I took the Firearm Safety Course (non restricted) in 2006, certificate results were immediate, someone other than the Instructor gave the practical exam. Two changes I noted taking the Firearms Safety Restricted course in 2010, yes I had to wait approx. 4 additional weeks for my results from the ON CFC, another change was that the Instructor also provided the written and practical exam.
    I recently completed the Restricted Safety course, having had my non-res license for a few years now. My written and practical exams were provided by someone other than my Instructor. I disheartened but not surprised that an extra 4 weeks will be added to the wait time for my test results to get stamped by the CFO