Page 22 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Spawn-Inc's Avatar
    so i have a quick question, at least i think it's quick.

they have my application and it's listed online as "in progress", my question is what's going to happen next? it seems that the next step is the interviews. i think i'm going to call tomorrow and see if all my info is good.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    so i have a quick question, at least i think it's quick.

they have my application and it's listed online as "in progress", my question is what's going to happen next? it seems that the next step is the interviews. i think i'm going to call tomorrow and see if all my info is good.
    next should be "completed initial processing".. at which time it'll be sent to the CFO.. and then when they are done their BS it'll be "has been processed" assuming it's approved.

Keep on em about it!!!! Do not listen to their bs excuses of when to call etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    next should be "completed initial processing".. at which time it'll be sent to the CFO.. and then when they are done their BS it'll be "has been processed" assuming it's approved.

Keep on em about it!!!! Do not listen to their bs excuses of when to call etc etc
    it's done that, i should have posted what the status was, here is what it says;

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    i'm going to call them now and see whats happening. EDIT: dam i should have called them before i posted this lol.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    it's done that, i should have posted what the status was, here is what it says;

i'm going to call them now and see whats happening. EDIT: dam i should have called them before i posted this lol.
    lol welcome to the world of post post editing :D

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    lol welcome to the world of post post editing :D
    lol, i know it all to well, this is one of 7 forums i'm on, mostly pc overclocking/water cooling ones though.

EDIT: again

just called everything is good and did the interview, which seemed kind of pointless as they just ask you the same questions they did on the form. well basically all of them.

Ok, so both of my references were called today and they did their phone interviews for my RPAL. I never briefed my references on what not to say because I never figured there was anything wrong they could say about me. Well, one of my references were asked if there would ever be a situation where I would feel the need to shoot someone, and actually follow through with it. My reference responded with something along the lines of "Unless his life was in immediate danger and he was forced to, no. It's not in his nature". Now, this reference responded with a logical response, but I am just wondering if that answer could hurt me because she said if I was forced to use it in self defense, I may do it. What do you guys think, or am I just being paranoid?

Edit: I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask how my application is doing.
    Ubique

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Artilery92 View Post
    one of my references were asked if there would ever be a situation where I would feel the need to shoot someone, and actually follow through with it.
    I'm not sure the government should be asking people to speculate on what applicants might do in hypothetical situations. I mean, would they refuse a license based on some third party's speculation?

I'd be interested in what other questions were asked.

Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    I'm not sure the government should be asking people to speculate on what applicants might do in hypothetical situations. I mean, would they refuse a license based on some third party's speculation?

I'd be interested in what other questions were asked.
    She said there were four questions, but she can only remember three of them.

1- Can you name a situation where he has acted out violently?

2- Has he ever shown interest in school violence?

3- Can you name a situation where he might use a gun on someone?
    Ubique

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Artilery92 View Post
    Ok, so both of my references were called today and they did their phone interviews for my RPAL. I never briefed my references on what not to say because I never figured there was anything wrong they could say about me. Well, one of my references were asked if there would ever be a situation where I would feel the need to shoot someone, and actually follow through with it. My reference responded with something along the lines of "Unless his life was in immediate danger and he was forced to, no. It's not in his nature". Now, this reference responded with a logical response, but I am just wondering if that answer could hurt me because she said if I was forced to use it in self defense, I may do it. What do you guys think, or am I just being paranoid?

Edit: I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask how my application is doing.

No worries that's pretty much standard.

BANNED

Unhappy Let's see what happens

I sent in my PAL Application on the 24th (but missing the CFSC and CRFSC exam results which I advised I would be sending in early October as soon as I receive them.) Talked to them yesterday asking if they also needed a copy of my Gun Club (range) membership since this seems to be a new requirement for restricted firearms. She said "No need. If the CFO ((((Ontario)))) wants it, they'll ask me." I'm doing the two courses and exams this weekend (2nd, 3rd).