Page 23 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 3strokes View Post
    I sent in my PAL Application on the 24th (but missing the CFSC and CRFSC exam results which I advised I would be sending in early October as soon as I receive them.) Talked to them yesterday asking if they also needed a copy of my Gun Club (range) membership since this seems to be a new requirement for restricted firearms. She said "No need. If the CFO ((((Ontario)))) wants it, they'll ask me." I'm doing the two courses and exams this weekend (2nd, 3rd).
    Having noticed what Corsara said on the 23rd (this thread) that he sent in the form without Exam results and that it was online one day after his call, I called them and when it did not show up, after I'd told her that it had been received and signed for on the 24th in the System, she (very nicely) said to call back later this week or early next.

I just expressed my surprise that a fellow forumite had his application show up within two days of their receiving it; she said that it must be in the building but they were hard pressed.....................

So, I guess I'll call them Monday-ish and see.

CGN Regular
    I sent in my PAL Application on the 24th (but missing the CFSC and CRFSC exam results which I advised I would be sending in early October as soon as I receive them.) Talked to them yesterday asking if they also needed a copy of my Gun Club (range) membership since this seems to be a new requirement for restricted firearms. She said "No need. If the CFO ((((Ontario)))) wants it, they'll ask me." I'm doing the two courses and exams this weekend (2nd, 3rd).
    Not sure if I understand this right, but do you mean that you are still to take the CFSC exams? If that's true, then if I were you I wouldn't care much about when it will show online, etc., you have plenty of time anyway. What I mean is that you will wait for those stamped exam results AT LEAST 3 weeks from what I've been told (I passed both exams in Toronto on Sept 12, and I'm still waiting for the stamped results). It is good that you've started the 28 day counter, but still, your application won't move along at all without them receiving the results from you. So, if your application will show up online today or in one week---all the same I guess. For your peace of mind, though, when my application showed online, it did state the actual date they received it there, not when it showed online, so relax---your waiting period has started already. Too bad that you'll be able to even accommodate even 2 periods like that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Helped another friend speed along his PAL/RPAL.
    28 days from reciept to in his hot little hands.
    Well, you're lucky you're from Kannukistan; other forumites (have pity on us) are in Nonontatario........

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerHand View Post
    Sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Can't wait to get the envelope now... Once I have it, I've got a call to make to Marstar!
    Hi
    Been to Marstar Xanada site.
    They don't seem to have much in the way of revolvers.

BANNED

Will I go to the back of the .................

................ line because my name is an Arabic name and I was born in Egypt? I'm 67, non-violent and have been in Canada since 1989. Changing my name would NOT have made any difference.

Why do I bring up the "name change" issue?

When I first arrived and was job hunting, an executive placement interviewer counselled me to change my name; that the moment anyone received my cover letter and résumé and saw my name, my documents would be in the litter basket in less time than you could say "arab" two-syllables.

CGN frequent flyer
    I applied for my PAL in January of 2009. It took an astounding 38 weeks to receive my PAL. They did not call me or any references. There was no problem with the application and they did not need any further information. They were just SLOW AS HELL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Well, you're lucky you're from Kannukistan; other forumites (have pity on us) are in Nonontatario........
    I have family down there in Bantario/Nontatario... I hear ya.

We have plenty of room in BC/AB though if you feel the need to do more hunting, skiing, atving, real sledding, etc etc.... we love our guns out west:D
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by corsara View Post
    Not sure if I understand this right, but do you mean that you are still to take the CFSC exams? If that's true, then if I were you I wouldn't care much about when it will show online, etc., you have plenty of time anyway. What I mean is that you will wait for those stamped exam results AT LEAST 3 weeks from what I've been told (I passed both exams in Toronto on Sept 12, and I'm still waiting for the stamped results). It is good that you've started the 28 day counter, but still, your application won't move along at all without them receiving the results from you. So, if your application will show up online today or in one week---all the same I guess. For your peace of mind, though, when my application showed online, it did state the actual date they received it there, not when it showed online, so relax---your waiting period has started already. Too bad that you'll be able to even accommodate even 2 periods like that.
    Thanks, Corsara
    What I did was follow all the good advice that has been posted in this thread and I admit I was a little bit jealous of you since your situation was the same as mine, i.e., Application sent in and received-by them- without exam results but promise to send results. Yours was posted 24 hours (or less) after you called them but for me "my application ---received and signed for by "DF. Brown" must be somewhere in the building............."

CGN Regular
    Thanks, Corsara
    What I did was follow all the good advice that has been posted in this thread and I admit I was a little bit jealous of you since your situation was the same as mine, i.e., Application sent in and received-by them- without exam results but promise to send results. Yours was posted 24 hours (or less) after you called them but for me "my application ---received and signed for by "DF. Brown" must be somewhere in the building............."
    Best of luck, 3strokes! I'm sure it will show up in the system today or tomorrow. Keep us posted

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    I have family down there in Bantario/Nontatario... I hear ya.

We have plenty of room in BC/AB though if you feel the need to do more hunting, skiing, atving, real sledding, etc etc.... we love our guns out west:D
    Thanks.
    I don't want to give you the evil eye by envying (and jinxing) you but, unfortunately, I am stuck here in ON, and (I'm ashamed to admit it in a gunnutz forum, I'm not too keen on hunting. I shot (and killed) some mice back in Egypt ---their nightly gnawing at mouseholes was driving me crazy---). I'd just like to be able to own my own .22 cal. revolver (double-action S&W 617 10-shot or a Ruger Single Six) and no ambitions to move up the range of calibers and just shoot at paper targets.