Page 28 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

My application went in August 8th, registered mail. Got the license in my hand Sept 1st!! /i was called for the phone interview and both my guarantors were with me, the officer asked them both questions at the same time and I think that really shortened the rime. I am totally happy with the process. My non restricted application years ago took a lot longer than the restricted.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by banjaboy View Post
    My application went in August 8th, registered mail. Got the license in my hand Sept 1st!!
    I'd say that's a miracle, since it's less than the statutory 28 day waiting period. You must be a member of the Order of Canada or something.

Quick update for all of you, my license has been approved, SO FOR THOSE JUST APPLYING USE EVERY BIT OF INSTRUCTION IN THIS THREAD! If you want to make it happen, get your license and start shooting fast do as Calalta has outlined. Once again I followed all the directions and here is my time line of my license:

August 21/22- CFSC/CRFSC Courses & Exams
    September 8- Stamped results received from the Fuhrer CFO

Now the more important stuff...

September 9- Application Sent
    September 13- Application Received at the CFC
    September 17- Info/App. showed up online
    September 23- All Interviews/Reference checks done
    October 10- License Approved

Count it 28 days boys and girls, don't be a brain dead zombie and just sit and wait...

Well, I guess I'm special. I have had a non restricted for years so perhaps thats it. Perhaps the fact I had a license already was something to do with it. On top of the quick turn around, on my application, my birth town was entered differently than my non restricted. I was born in a small place in another country and I put the small town on my non restricted app and the biggest city next to it on my restricted. I emailed them 4 days after I sent off my app and 3 days later they said it didn't matter, maybe the fact they went to it after my email was something to do with. Or perhaps I am special because I was born somewhere else? Also, both my guarantors and I were interviewed the same day on the phone, right after each other because we were all together that day. Regardless, App sent in Aug 8th, license in hand Sept 1st. Hope Xenon is not calling me a liar?? This immigrant boy dont like that inference..............The folks here at my local CFO office are awesome, dont know if they had to do anything or it all happened back East. Sorry to hear you are all having a lont wait. Is this your first firearms license or an addition like mine was?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by banjaboy View Post
    Well, I guess I'm special. I have had a non restricted for years so perhaps thats it.
    Ah, that explains it. I thought you were going for a first-time license. My bad.

Hey, no problem Xenon, its so frustrating dealing with "the man" sometimes but you know, I have never had an issue with any kind of stuff like that. I had a high tech security clearance for my job for 10 years prior to retiring so maybe thats something too. But everyone should be treated the same and I'm sure in most cases we are but I was sure happy to get mine so quickly and I also sent a thank you email to them, I hope that might help someone else. I think the front line guys and gals in the CFO and whoever do their very best. The law, the policy is another issue but the hands on guys and gals do the best they can I'm sure.

Can I use my mom and dad as referances? Will it make the process longer? I used my dad as a gurantor and referance

I used 2 of my grown daughters so I'm sure your dad would be okay for a guarantor. I would have used my wife as one but I'm a widower. I thought that family members would be better than friends and boy, they asked some very interesting questions, I was quite impressed witrh their no punches pulled inquries.
    Last edited by banjaboy; 10-11-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Missed a bit of info I wanted to add.

What about a referance?

One of the daughters I used as a guarantor was also my reference. You can basically ask anyone you like as long as they have known you for the required length of time. I thought I would keep the number of people they needed to check to a minimum. So for me, they only needed to interview me and 2 of my kids instead of trying to round up 3 random people and me on the phone for interviews. But I was dead lucky my kids were visiting me the day they called.