Page 771 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 751761763764765766767768769770771772773774775776777778779781791 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN frequent flyer
    Try this:

Canada Firearms Program (CFP) or firearm safety training related questions?
    Visit our site or contact the CFP:
    Canadian Firearms Program
    Manitoba/Nunavut Chief Firearms Officer
    Unit 1 - 1680 Ellice Ave
    Winnipeg MB R3H 0Z2

General Inquiries:
    1-800-731-4000 ext 8002
    1-204-984-0670 (fax)
    Email CFO - Manitoba and Nunavut - CFO_MANITOBA_NUNAVUT.CFC_NCR.CFC_HQ@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

I got the info from this site - http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mb/cont/index-eng.htm

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballeater View Post
    Is there a phone number for the Manitoba CFO?
    I'm calling the 1 800 731 4000 number every couple weeks and always the same answer, It's with the CFO for final approval. They'll contact you if they need anything. I asked if I could talk to them and she said I'll have to wait and they'll call if something is needed.

This is nuts! 4 months and 21 days (143 days to be exact) since they received it.
    I work for government and I'd be fired if I took this long to do something! Lol

Thanks Roadcarver.

First time i've seen that email. So I just sent them one.

I've tried calling with that extension (8002) and it just loops back to the general inquiries.

Thinking I may just drive to Winnipeg next week Monday and go to that address if I don't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballeater View Post
    Is there a phone number for the Manitoba CFO?
    I'm calling the 1 800 731 4000 number every couple weeks and always the same answer, It's with the CFO for final approval. They'll contact you if they need anything. I asked if I could talk to them and she said I'll have to wait and they'll call if something is needed.

This is nuts! 4 months and 21 days (143 days to be exact) since they received it.
    I work for government and I'd be fired if I took this long to do something! Lol
    Call again and ask "MAY I PLEASE BE TRANFER TO THE MANITOBA CFO”

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquare View Post
    Call again and ask "MAY I PLEASE BE TRANFER TO THE MANITOBA CFO”
    Word.

CGN frequent flyer
    Received the card today.

The letter that came with it also instructed me to tear off the bottom part and keep it with my card. It is supposed to show the conditions.

Anyone else did this?

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Took the PAL and RPAL on June 21-22;
    Received the paper work from the CFO on July 14;
    I received a call from the CFC verifying my initials on my application on July 21;
    I checked the site and it states that CFC received my application on July 21;
    I called CFC on Aug 19 to determine if there's any missing information, they said I'm good to go, just need one reference to call in;
    My reference didn't get to call in until Sept 3, interview went well;
    I called CFC on Sep 4 to see if all is good, they said it has been electronically forwarded to the CFO for final background check;
    Sep 8 morning, I called the CFO in Ontario and I left a message asking if there's any other info they needed;
    I checked on line on Sep 8 during the afternoon and it states license has been issued!
    Total days = 48 days.

I called CFC on Sep 9 to inquire about my license # - they happily gave it to me over the phone. I can't purchase any firearms until I receive the card. I asked if I can reserve a firearm with the number only, and the representative said it depends on the business.

CFC rep also told me that they print and mail out the cards every Thursday. Mine should be printed out tomorrow, and I should get it by EOW next week.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Received the card today.

The letter that came with it also instructed me to tear off the bottom part and keep it with my card. It is supposed to show the conditions.

Anyone else did this?
    I called the Ontario CFO about that... the girl said that stupid piece of blank paper MUST be present with the RPAL card "to show there are no special conditions on your license". Seems insanely idiotic to me, but meh, I copied it and threw it in the packet with all the other stupid paperwork that makes no sense to carry around. Nobody else seems to carry that paper, and there's a good chance the woman had no idea what she was talking about, but better safe than sorry I figure. Perhaps at some point that special condition card will have ATT (or equivalent) info on it, who knows.
    No farmers, no food. No truckers, no food.
    No politicians...no problem.

CGN Regular
    I haven't received my card yet so i don't know what the back looks like but wouldn't it make sense to have special conditions listed on the card vs a piece of paper? Like a licence?
    Or are there people out there who have enough conditions that it would take up a whole sheet of paper?

CGN Regular
    mailed my application august 5th.
    they ended up showing it as received august 5th
    license approved september 8th
    issued september 9th
    received september16th.

seems they dont only print on thursday as it takes more than 2 business days for mail from the east coast to reach the west coast.

time to go shopping now.... good thing it was payday yesterday lol
    a government that doesn't trust its citizens with guns is a government that cannot be trusted by its citizens at all.

Absurdly that is exactly what that piece of paper says, must be carried with etc...

application received on the 15th of Aug. checked online today and it has been processed should be received within 2 weeks. pretty stoked! still looking for a affordable club still