Thread: Favourite Packable Non-restricted Firearms

Favourite Packable Non-restricted Firearms

Hey all,

Title pretty much sums it up.

Wondering what your favourite take down rifles/shotguns/combinations are.

I keep coming back to the 10/22 given the popularity of the platform but also really like the idea of a combination shotgun/rifle though haven't een great reviews for any.

Main use will be small game and plinking.

CGN Regular
    common 9mm takedown/folding:

Ruger PCC (the backpacker version has a cool way of keep both parts together)
    S&W FPC
    Kel-tec sub 2k

My favourite "packable" is the Henry Mare's Leg in 45 Colt. Just throw it in a bag and you're good to go.
    I was also looking at the Ruger PCC backpacker -- might be a future purchase of mine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A 10/22TD with a Magpul Backpacker and Skinner Sights is a safe bet, if a rifled 22LR is what you want.

A Charles Daly 101 is a very inexpensive and minimalist solution, if a smoothbore shotgun is what you want.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Thanks all, I like the pistol caliber carbines for target shooting but they don't seem like the best option, if an option at all for small game.

The 10/22td with a Dlask 12.5" barrel is hard to beat, for a 12 gauge I would go with the winchester model 12 all day. Thinking about picking up an ar7 to play with and a browning blr for a nice takedown rifle to round out the collection

I have a shorty 10/22 with a fixed 8" barrel and it is quite a bit louder than the 12.5 fwiw

Goodluck picking just one!

Cheers,
    Jake
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson 1791
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

Chiappa Little Badger is worth considering for this role too. It's more serious than it first looks and, once familiar with the manual ejection and reload, getting back on target is achievable in 4-5 seconds.
    If I was to buy it again I'd buy 22WMR because ammo cost is not really a concern of a single shot, so better to have some sting. That said 22LR "birdshot" may have its uses despite being underpowered.
    Spending some money on aftermarket furniture (to improve ergonomics) is worthwhile - there are a lot of aftermarket options.