Page 728 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 708718720721722723724725726727728729730731732733734735736738748 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    As far as I know the courses/challenges are always run separately in NB. Provincial DNR runs the CFSC and hunter safety courses. The NB Community College system delivers the R course (and they are quite infrequent).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    As far as I know the courses/challenges are always run separately in NB. Provincial DNR runs the CFSC and hunter safety courses. The NB Community College system delivers the R course (and they are quite infrequent).
    What? Holy hell that's retarded!

Ah well I shouldn't be too surprised.. given the other massive list of ####ing stupid aspects of what we deal with UGH

Hey guys,

I live in Quebec, and sinc the past 2 weeks my application has been in "processing" status online. So I called in to see if anything was missing and the guy told me that there is a form that I need to bring to my police station so that they can fill it out...?? What is this about? They said that they mailed me the form on June 11 last week...

BTW, I'm applying for an RPAL.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by multicam333 View Post
    Hey guys,

I live in Quebec, and sinc the past 2 weeks my application has been in "processing" status online. So I called in to see if anything was missing and the guy told me that there is a form that I need to bring to my police station so that they can fill it out...?? What is this about? They said that they mailed me the form on June 11 last week...

BTW, I'm applying for an RPAL.
    Que is a disaster unto itself sadly... but someone here I'm sure will know more details than I do.. other than your moronic "law 9"

Give it a day or so and I'm sure others can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Que is a disaster unto itself sadly... but someone here I'm sure will know more details than I do.. other than your moronic "law 9"

Give it a day or so and I'm sure others can help you.
    Yeah...you can say that again. Law 9 has nothing to do with the PAL process though...it's just as stupid course you have to pay for before being able to shoot at the rangr if you have an RPAL. Costs about 40 rnds of match grade 308 lol. I'll wait for others to chime in.

Daaahhh....got it. Since I'm applying for RPAL, I have to bring a special form at my local police station, so that a cop can fill in my info (name, adress...) and his info, and then they mail that to the RCMP in Miramichi. That's how it is in QC.

Goddammit. Yet another 2 weeks lost because of this stupid form and its time in transit. Alas, I was able to download the form and not have to wait for it in the mail...

BANNED
    Daaahhh....got it. Since I'm applying for RPAL, I have to bring a special form at my local police station, so that a cop can fill in my info (name, adress...) and his info, and then they mail that to the RCMP in Miramichi. That's how it is in QC.

Goddammit. Yet another 2 weeks lost because of this stupid form and its time in transit. Alas, I was able to download the form and not have to wait for it in the mail...

Fax it to the CFC to speed it up

BANNED
    Yeah...you can say that again. Law 9 has nothing to do with the PAL process though...it's just as stupid course you have to pay for before being able to shoot at the rangr if you have an RPAL. Costs about 40 rnds of match grade 308 lol. I'll wait for others to chime in.
    Law 9 = stupidity

However it will remain in effect until it is challenged in court (and to win of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Fax it to the CFC to speed it up
    I can't, apparently it has to be sent by mail and the cop at the station I went to wants to mail it herself and refused to give back the filled out form ?!?!?!?!?

RPal time frame for me:
    Mailed May 15.
    May 20 Was Received.
    June 19 Showed up on website. Saying initial process has started.
    June 19 Called in and one reference did their interview.
    June 19 Website now saying "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Hopefully wont be to much longer.