Page 713 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 693703705706707708709710711712713714715716717718719720721723733 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

sent october 2nd, 2013 and credit card charged mid november. didnt hear anything till dec 18 when a letter showed up saying to call them. i did and they wanted an interview. did that and then didnt hear anything until mid feb when my references received letters to call in. they finally did last week and now my pal/rpal is approved. should be here next week. 7 months start to finish

thanks for the correction Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkatoon View Post
    Woohoo........its right there on the site. Finally got it.
    January 23 took test non-restricted
    January 26 sent full application
    January 28 registered mail signed for
    February 16 shows up on rcmp website
    April 5th was asked to provide a police record from a country I was living in 4 years a 7 months before the application date
    April 9th submitted clear police background check document.
    April 11th checked website and have a license number

Thank you CANADIANGUNNUTZ for all the info.

Now just to wait in the mail for it.
    Got it April 20th in the mail
    Today April 22nd picked up 2 Ruger 10/22 for plinking with my boy, recieved Dominion Arms 12G Grizzly with ghost sights for bear defense and anything my varmint license allows, paid half up for a Tikka T3 lite .223 for those coyotes that have been giving me the finger since last summer.

Thank you all for sharing. Its been comforting knowing there are others.
    NFA & CSSA Member
    "It is easier to criticize than do better." Swiss Proverb

RPAL

Feb 24 Sent in application registered mail signature required

Feb 28 Application received but not signed for, so according to the tracking number it never arrived. After pulling my hair out trying to get answers from Canada Post for a month I cancelled my credit card fearing it would be compromised due to the lost application.

April 2 As soon as Canada Post informed me it did arrive on time, I went online and it said they needed more information (new credit card number I assumed), I called, they took the new number, charged the card, and forwarded me to the person who did my interview, my two references called shortly after and did theirs, I called back and she said everything was in order and it would be going to the Alberta CFO.

April 23 Licence issued

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkatoon View Post
    Got it April 20th in the mail
    Today April 22nd picked up 2 Ruger 10/22 for plinking with my boy, recieved Dominion Arms 12G Grizzly with ghost sights for bear defense and anything my varmint license allows, paid half up for a Tikka T3 lite .223 for those coyotes that have been giving me the finger since last summer.

Thank you all for sharing. Its been comforting knowing there are others.
    April 20 was a Sunday, was it there on Fri and you didn't check or did you mean the 21st?

PAL and RPAL mailed March 26, received and signed for March 27. Waited 4 weeks and tried to register on-line but was unable to. Called them spoke to Tony (very nice) he explained that they are very busy and to call back Friday afternoon to see if I am in the system. If I am they will do interviews then. Can't wait for Friday.
    Play safe and smart out there people. Registered and Educated Gun Owners are Safe Shooters. It`s the stupid people and the criminals who have total access to illegal firearms that scare me.

Good observation, Oilersfan74.
    It was in the mailbox on the sunday April 20th. I assume it was there since the 17th of April. I was away from the afternoon of the 17th until the 20th of April. My guess is Miramichi is close to Fredericton so its faster arriving.
    NFA & CSSA Member
    "It is easier to criticize than do better." Swiss Proverb

'Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued." ahhhhh so excited, only 2 more weeks of waiting now. sent in my application on the 6th of march, received on the 10th, and just got that message updated today ( april 25) (ontario) goodluck to everyone else waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba911 View Post
    PAL and RPAL mailed March 26, received and signed for March 27. Waited 4 weeks and tried to register on-line but was unable to. Called them spoke to Tony (very nice) he explained that they are very busy and to call back Friday afternoon to see if I am in the system. If I am they will do interviews then. Can't wait for Friday.
    Mine was received March 28. PAL and RPAL, still waiting. Don't see it online yet but my credit card got charged on March 26.
    Last edited by mikoyv; 04-27-2014 at 08:32 AM.

I'm applying for a pal and rpal at thesame time. My application is now in progress. Called in to do my interview and was told i dont need to and that its a new policy change. They said they only need to interview one of my references. So thats what i did, had one reference call in. Lets see if my status changes to issued.