Page 897 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 877887889890891892893894895896897898899900901902903904905907917 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

only 5 weeks in, for RPAL application, online shows initial completed. My references, who are both OPP officers, seem to think they won't be called, that my application would just be approved even without myself being called for the interview. Does any one have any experience with this ? or are they just way too optimistic. again ONTARIO

Also ( fingers crossed ) once i get my license, a family member recently passed away , i had hoped to get the first gun he ever owned, just a simple .22 . My uncle ( also executor of will ) says i need to put some kind of BID like 5$ or something to buy it from the estate. He currently has all the weapons ( has a PAL himself ) . I was wondering would there be any issue with the fact that I would be buying the gun from him ? when he can't legally sell guns , as opposed to inheriting the gun? like grandfathering was for prohibited. I will probably call CFO for Ontario just to be sure before I acquire the gun. again hoping i get my license
    thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_d View Post
    Albertan applicant:

Application received Feb 6, Online Feb 24th, approved march 26th. so from here, it gets transferred to the Alberta CFO for final approval? why is that anyway? and whats the average wait?
    I don't know the reason for this step, but the CFC information officer does tell me that they give the provincial CFO a 45-day discretion to process this final step. However, according to this thread, if you are in Alberta, just call the provincial CFO, then you very likely get the approval on the phone immediately. At least in my case, it is true. And the CFO could tell you your licence number on the phone.

First time posting here, have browsed through this thread for a while. Followed all the directions on the first page, except sending in my application registered mail. I'm applying for my RPAL, took my restricted and Non-restricted courses in Feb, passed 100% on everything. I sent in my application Feb 27 and it still has not shown up on the RCMP site. I called in a few times over the last couple weeks and all they keep telling me is to wait longer. Does it usually take over a month for your info to show up on the site?

I've read posts where most find their applications show up a week to two weeks after they're mailed. Something doesn't feel right here. I'm sending in my exam results shortly, but I have no file number to send them into.

Has anyone else waited this long for their application to show on the site? I've already purchased two KSG's and a HK P30. I thought this process would have moved a little faster by now, retailer keeps emailing me asking if I've received my PAL # yet. At this rate it will take forever for me to pick them up.

I'm in Ontario.

Chris
    Last edited by KSG12; 03-29-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSG12 View Post
    First time posting here, have browsed through this thread for a while. Followed all the directions on the first page, except sending in my application registered mail. I'm applying for my RPAL, took my restricted and Non-restricted courses in Feb, passed 100% on everything. I sent in my application Feb 27 and it still has not shown up on the RCMP site. I called in a few times over the last couple weeks and all they keep telling me is to wait longer. Does it usually take over a month for your info to show up on the site?

I've read posts where most find their applications show up a week to two weeks after they're mailed. Something doesn't feel right here. I'm sending in my exam results shortly, but I have no file number to send them into.

Has anyone else waited this long for their application to show on the site? I've already purchased two KSG's and a HK P30. I thought this process would have moved a little faster by now, retailer keeps emailing me asking if I've received my PAL # yet. At this rate it will take forever for me to pick them up.

I'm in Ontario.

Chris
    Hi, first time poster here too. I've read the past 50~ pages and I would say it takes around 22 days for it to show online and can take up to 30 days. then after that I would say there is about 2 weeks for processing (pictures, references, checks etc) and then off to the CFO for final approval (can take up to 45 days at CFO) If you sent it feb 27 they most likely got it march 6th ish. Should show up online sometime this week. then give it a week after appears online and call again. then once at CFO call and hope they approve you, and only once approved will you have your PAL #. Its a slow process hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeliex View Post
    Hi, first time poster here too. I've read the past 50~ pages and I would say it takes around 22 days for it to show online and can take up to 30 days. then after that I would say there is about 2 weeks for processing (pictures, references, checks etc) and then off to the CFO for final approval (can take up to 45 days at CFO) If you sent it feb 27 they most likely got it march 6th ish. Should show up online sometime this week. then give it a week after appears online and call again. then once at CFO call and hope they approve you, and only once approved will you have your PAL #. Its a slow process hang in there.
    Oh ok then, was getting nervous there. I guess I'll do what they keep telling me...

Chris
    Last edited by KSG12; 03-29-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Anyone ever tried calling the BC CFO? Did it help? Speed things up?? Its been about 4 weeks since references talked to, and they keep telling me the same thing. Its now with provincial CFO for final approval, shouldn't be too long.

Will
    Last edited by parrisw; 03-30-2015 at 11:58 AM.

mailed feb 6th
    received feb11th
    showed online in begining of march
    called serveral times
    references called in around march 12th
    called march 18th
    called march 25th
    showed issued online march 30th

days took to process: 48

I'm new to the restricted world and well not to discourage but it took 9 weeks from when I sent the completed application and getting my licence...and I had to get my reference to call in or I probably still wouldn't have it...once my reference called in my status changed to completed and mailed out that same day...so calling to see what the hang up is worked for me, but it might be different in other provinces, I'm in N.B.

BC seems to be VERY slow right now, my reference called in last Monday, march 23rd, still says Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. Called them and they just say wait longer. They received it on feb 4th, today is day 55. I do know that a group has thrown a butt load of wilderness ATC apps at the CFO's out west. not sure of this is slowing things down or not but very well could be.

The waiting period is for your own safety. So don't rush the process. You will get your PAL when they are ready to issue it for you.

"Keep calm and don't ask questions" LOL