Page 743 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 723733735736737738739740741742743744745746747748749750751753763 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

June 13: Completed CFSC course
    June 16: Mailed PAL application without CFSC proof, via Registered mail
    June 20: Received in Miramichi
    July 17: Shows up online, I fax in my my CFSC course results
    July 22: Was about to make my references call in but my application was already approved and its currently in the mail!

I booked my course end of May and will probably get my license at the end of July. So two months and a lot of money spent on the course, application and a safe, I now can finally purchase some firearms. I will edit this post when I receive my pal in the mail.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianarctic View Post
    June 13: Completed CFSC course
    June 16: Mailed PAL application without CFSC proof, via Registered mail
    June 20: Received in Miramichi
    July 17: Shows up online, I fax in my my CFSC course results
    July 22: Was about to make my references call in but my application was already approved and its currently in the mail!

I booked my course end of May and will probably get my license at the end of July. So two months and a lot of money spent on the course, application and a safe, I now can finally purchase some firearms. I will edit this post when I receive my pal in the mail.
    Shoulda gone for your rpal instead... tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by sshiftyy View Post
    2 and a half months and counting now...Called two weeks ago and yesterday and just got the my application is at the BC CFO response.
    I am one week later than your timeline ... Arrived May 16th showed up online June 13th ... Same BC CFO reply !

Last Friday (July 18th) the lady asked me to wait 3 - 4 more weeks before calling again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Qball-16 View Post
    I kept trying both, as I had the same question/concern. I'm reasonably certain that it worked with City, Province (eg Vancouver, BC), but I was so damn excited when it actually worked and showed that my application was in the system that I can't be 100% sure which one it was that I had tried...
    I tried again using just the city name (my place of birth city name has two words, so I entered it exactly as it was on the application with a space between the words (no dashes or slashes) and no province). I'm in the system as 'In Progress' as of today!

> How long to wait to call to see if there is any missing info?

> How long until my reference should call in?

... excited! I can't wait to shoot some paper targets!
    Last edited by Shandley; 07-24-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandley View Post
    I tried again using just the city name (my place of birth city name has two words, so I entered it exactly as it was on the application with a space between the words (no dashes or slashes) and no province). I'm in the system as 'In Progress' as of today!

> How long to wait to call to see if there is any missing info?

> How long until my reference should call in?

... excited! I can't wait to shoot some paper targets!

if its in the system now, id call now, thats what i did as soon as it showed on line, a nice friendly call, found out my guarantor didnt sign the form by mistake, saved myself a couple of weeks by copying the form i had still getting him to sign it and send it in that day

Well within a 5 weeks of mailing my application it has been approved and on its way back to me, should be here tomorrow or monday. Cant wait!
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same. Thats why life is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter-4-life View Post
    Well within a 5 weeks of mailing my application it has been approved and on its way back to me, should be here tomorrow or monday. Cant wait!
    That's Sask for you. Here in BC, I guess we have a reputation of waiting. I hope they pick up the pace a bit. I haven't been waiting much but lots of people I know have been waiting a verrry long time (10weeks+, at least it's that for RPAL).

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny View Post
    Status so far:

Application received: June 23, 2014
    Application Initial Processing Complete: July 17, 2014 (I have been issued an application number).
    Called and checked my application Status: July 23, 2014
    Reference called in: July 23, 2014

License (RPAL) Approved: July 24th.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

From application being received to license being issued, 31 days.

Wow, I was expecting a delay while the BC CFO mulled over issuing my license but no! When I called the CFP to check on my application the fellow that I talked to suggested I have my reference call in, I was planning on asking about that but he volunteered the info before I could ask. All in all my experience has been a fairly easy one, good luck to everyone else.

BANNED
    Called them as well cause mine was mailed since the 4th, lady said i should see it on the site monday as received so 3 weeks before reception

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny View Post
    From application being received to license being issued, 31 days.
    Nice! So you're telling me I have a chance! Yeah!

Ok, that fills me with confidence!