Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I'm in Southern Alberta as well.

Took my PAL course January 9th, 2016
    They received my Application on January 15th, 2016

It's up on the website now and has been for about a week, initial processing done. I'm thinking I'll give them a call at the end of this week just to make sure they have every thing they need.

so i called the rcmp today and apparently its out at the SQ CFO and they looked up some of my stuff last wednesday. hopefully they finish what they have to do this week and mail it in...

Hey Everybody , Just sent in my PAL application , What's a bankruptcy have to do with applying for my license? Will i be refused because of it?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazymufu View Post
    Hey Everybody , Just sent in my PAL application , What's a bankruptcy have to do with applying for my license? Will i be refused because of it?
    It can relate to your state of mind, some people may be in a depressed state when filling for bankruptcy and therefore may look to buy a firearm to kill themselves. I've never heard of any one being denied because of bankruptcy I am sure they will just ask your references about it or you and judge weather your troubled by it or not
    Last edited by Xevious22; 02-10-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Typo

CGN Regular
    Well just an update. Today i checked on the site and my licence was issued. WOW it was fast mailed in Jan they received it jan 11 online feb 10 licence issued. Can`t complain very fast and people at center were very friendly in procesing licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiletec View Post
    Well mine showed up on there site. But as i mentioned in my earlier post i may have forgotten my credit card info. Does anyone know weather they take the payment once it shows up as in progress or do they take the payment later. Not sure if i should just call them up and give them the card info as it does not state that any info is missing only that its completed initial processing.

CGN Regular
    Well just an update. Today i checked on the site and my licence was issued. WOW it was fast mailed in Jan they received it jan 11 online feb 10 licence issued. Can`t complain very fast and people at center were very friendly in procesing licence.
    Congrats! How soon after it being online were references called?

CGN Regular
    I called in to confirm my credit card number last wed and the women I spoke to said I could have one reference call in and that's what I did next day. so like a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Congrats! How soon after it being online were references called?

CGN Regular
    I called in to confirm my credit card number last wed and the women I spoke to said I could have one reference call in and that's what I did next day. so like a week
    Good to know. Thanks

RPAL Upgrade, Saskatchewan

1/9 Took class
    1/14 Application received at CFC
    2/2 Went into processing online
    2/11 RPAL issued.

Just Saw This Message Online

Three weeks from the time the application was received I got this message:
    "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for
    additional information. Please check the status again at a later date."

Does anyone know if this is standard and will they necessarily call me?