Page 779 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 759769771772773774775776777778779780781782783784785786787789799 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 11500

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

sent application on Sept 10,
    received on Sept 17
    appeared online Oct 15
    faxed in test results Oct 16
    processed this morning
    reference called in after lunch
    just checked it and its been approved already

gotta get that card and going shopping!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Congrats on your RPAL let the shopping begin
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Upgrading my PAL to RPAL. Application was received sept 22. Appeared online October 20. Had my one reference call in the same day. Just checked again online. License has been issued. 30 days total!!! Definitely relieved after hearing stories of guys waiting months and months. Now my only problem is finding the money to buy all the pistols I've been eyeing!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojax21 View Post
    Upgrading my PAL to RPAL. Application was received sept 22. Appeared online October 20. Had my one reference call in the same day. Just checked again online. License has been issued. 30 days total!!! Definitely relieved after hearing stories of guys waiting months and months. Now my only problem is finding the money to buy all the pistols I've been eyeing!!!
    Congrats on your RPAL
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

They received my application Sept 2nd.
    Appeared online and said being processed mid Sept.
    Called CFO Oct 2nd (day 30) and told it had been sent to my provincial CFO for final approval.
    Called CFO Oct 17 (day 45) and asked to get transferred to BC CFO. Talked to an officer who looked up my application and told me it was under review for final background check and should be approved in the next few weeks.
    Called in Oct 24 (day 52) using BC CFO extension. She asked me if I had anything of a criminal record or any run in's with the RCMP and I answered that I had not, so she said Ok great and put a note on my file for an officer to see. I took this as a good sign and said thank you for your help.

Checked online later that day and my status had changed to licence issued.

52 days total, just PAL.

sent application on Sept 26,
    received on Sept 29
    appeared online Oct 28

Called to check, they told me they're processing it and to check back in a few days... I think I can have my references call in only when it gets to my provinces CFO? All of my test results and payment were all sent in the original mail.
    I'm in BC applying for PAL and RPAL.

Oh the wait..too long!!

Quote Originally Posted by teahouser View Post
    They received my application Sept 2nd.
    Appeared online and said being processed mid Sept.
    Called CFO Oct 2nd (day 30) and told it had been sent to my provincial CFO for final approval.
    Called CFO Oct 17 (day 45) and asked to get transferred to BC CFO. Talked to an officer who looked up my application and told me it was under review for final background check and should be approved in the next few weeks.
    Called in Oct 24 (day 52) using BC CFO extension. She asked me if I had anything of a criminal record or any run in's with the RCMP and I answered that I had not, so she said Ok great and put a note on my file for an officer to see. I took this as a good sign and said thank you for your help.

Checked online later that day and my status had changed to licence issued.

52 days total, just PAL.
    Would you mind telling me the extension for BC CFO??

After I don't know how many days now..... my application is still sitting at the BC CFO's desk!!!
    I just came back from a 3 weeks Vacations, thinking by the time I come back everything will be done!!!
    today I check, still not here!!!!

so if you don't mind I would like the extension of the BC CFO so I can contact him/her directly.

Thanks

How long after completing your course did you send the application? Also did you send it by regular mail?

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletepower View Post
    So now that my license has been issued and is in the mail I thought I would give a complete log of the entire process:

I live in Ontario and I applied for PAL and RPAL.

Application received in Miramichi on September 15, 2014 (Day 1) without test results. I indicated that the test results will come later. The test results I sent later were received by the CFP on September 22, 2014 (Day 8). I gave them a call on October 6, 2014 (Day 22) and they said the application is in the system (at this point it appeared online as well) and that I should fax over my course test results (they gave me a 1-800 fax number) which I did the next day (October 7, 2014). I then gave Hthem a call on the October 8th, 2014 (Day 24) to confirm the fax is received and they told me to have one of my references call in for the interview (they gave me a 4-digit extension to have the reference call). The person called that same day and once the interview was over I gave the CFP a call to confirm. They confirmed the interview was complete and now the last step is to wait for them to validate the application. On October 16, 2014 (Day 31) I checked online and the status changed to
    All in all the process took 31 days to have the license approved and sent out. I will post an update when I get it delivered.

One thing I should mention is that 2 of the CFP people I spoke to told me that the interview process has changed. They no longer interview the license applicant and they only interview one of your references, not both. Also, you have to get them to call and it is your choice who you pick to call.

My reference was asked the following questions:

1) Confirm your contact info
    2) Confirm the applicant's name and details
    3) Is the applicant crazy
    4) Can you think of any reason whatsoever for which the applicant should not receive a firearms license

My advice, as it is what worked for me, is to call often and ask what you should do next. Do not wait for them to call because it will probably add about 2 weeks in between steps. Once you complete a step, call right away or the very next day to confirm that it was complete. Also, when they tell you that everything is ready for the CFO to approve, keep calling ever 1-2 days and ask for status. Chances are your application will be approved after any one of those calls you make.

Also, I have not encountered any rude people. All were very pleasant and helpful.
    How long after your course did you send the application? Also did you send it by registered mail?

One reference called this morning, the other missed it.

Application sent in September 9, showed online September 15