Page 919 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 899909911912913914915916917918919920921922923924925926927929939 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,190 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Seppe101 View Post
    Called yesterday, told to wait another couple weeks, application In final processing with bccfo , didn't listen ,called back today was told she would see what she could do, got a call from bccfo at 4pm asked why I wanted restricted firearms , told him I wanted to join a discipline at my range, he said he would see what he could do, btw he also asked why I called so many times lol , checked 20 mins later RPAL issued was upgrading from non restricted. Application Received in NB on feb23 1st reference called March 30 , 2nd reference called today. About 90days total wait time. But I had some not so perfect issues as a young man.
    90 days??? that's it!! Mine took over 5 months. And I have no issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parrisw View Post
    90 days??? that's it!! Mine took over 5 months. And I have no issues!!!
    I already had a non restricted pal for one year, so I skipped all the initial bull poop of a first time application I feel your pain though, I waited 5 months for my non restricted , anyways congrats!

PAL New application
    Ontario

Apr 6th - Application Mailed
    Apr 13th - Received
    May 4th - Appeared online
    May 21st - Called to check status. Still in initial processing stage, no further update. (Day 28)

And I continue to wait!

nr & rPAL New Application
    Alberta

March 26 - Application Received
    May 11 - Came back from vacation and see application was online (should of checked sooner), called and was provided file# and extension for reference to call
    May 12 - Reference called in.
    May 20 - Called CFC to check status, "application was recently forwarded to AB CFO", asked to be transferred to CFO, was provided extension for CFO and told to call if nothing arrives by the end of June.
    May 21 - Called AB CFO, lady put me on hold for ~7mins and came back to tell me she had just completed the application and should rcv my card in the mail 1.5-2weeks. Online status updated within 30mins.

I think I could of saved some more time if I had called sooner, but I am happy with ~8weeks and 3 calls, being away on vacation helped

Got my RPAL card today!!! Yeehaw!! 56 days from received app to in my hand. Pistol is already ordered and on its way....can't wait!!

New PAL application - Ontario

Courses completed 20-22 Feb
    Course report received (stamped CFO 20 Mar) 23 Mar
    Sent to CFC 24 Mar
    Received CFC 31 Mar - process starts
    License issued ~ 20 May
    Sniffing at the mailbox every day now.

I hope it doesn't take a month to get the stamp from the cfo for me. Hope to go deer hunting this fall. Doesn't look good, I take the course in two weeks.

The instructor had told us it would take 4-6 weeks after the courses to get the reports, then another 4-6 weeks to process the PAL, so I was not too surprised. That's why I began the process in January (add the time to get on a course in the first place).

Seems like things are a bit slow in BC for some people.
    application received 2015/01/14
    references told to call 16th of March
    I called them on the 17th to make sure references were good and they told me that the paperwork is now with the bc cfo.
    I've called every three weeks or so and I'm still waiting. ..

Quote Originally Posted by magster View Post
    Seems like things are a bit slow in BC for some people.
    application received 2015/01/14
    references told to call 16th of March
    I called them on the 17th to make sure references were good and they told me that the paperwork is now with the bc cfo.
    I've called every three weeks or so and I'm still waiting. ..
    Had the same issue, Call the number and just asked to be transferred to BC CFO. Give no info just as soon as they pick up ask for the transfer. If they do ask for info then explain that it has been there at their office for over 60 days and they should transfer you. Mine was approved over the phone.