Page 748 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 728738740741742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756758768 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

BANNED
    Just called and the lady told me they didn't have anything yet after the cops sent it 4 weeks ago. She told me it can take 4 to 5 weeks just to open your envelope and put it in the system as received JEEEEBUS!
    Oh well, i'll try again in a week

I just spoke with the QC CFO and was told that (for RPAL) they will need to interview myself AND both my references. They also don't allow us to phone in to do the interview, so I have to wait until they get around to it and hope my refs pick up the phone.

The CFC also conducts an initial interview (sometimes the only interview) with the reference(s) and passes that on to the CFO in order to keep clutter down at the CFO office. Additional interviews may be conducted by the CFO, depending on criminal history, time of day, how much coffee the CFO has had, the length of their penis/labia, or how many mosquito bites the CFO had received the previous year.

... at least in BC.

I should mention, even though I don't know for sure, that any new applicant should outline their envelope in PURPLE HIGHLIGHTER. Apparently, that means it's for a business license so they open those envelopes first at the CFC. I am unsure if this is true or not as mine was sent after I got this info; however, a buddy did and had a very similar time line to mine, only a bit faster (hard to beat 28 days for approval).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by nippy84 View Post
    I just spoke with the QC CFO and was told that (for RPAL) they will need to interview myself AND both my references. They also don't allow us to phone in to do the interview, so I have to wait until they get around to it and hope my refs pick up the phone.
    Call them back.. get your file # and have ppl call in anyhow.. there is nothing in the law that says they cannot call in and that is just more BS from the CFO (as usual claiming it's "policy" and other lame ass excuses)

Quote Originally Posted by rustyyyz View Post
    My timeline for PAL&RPAL in Ontario:
    07/02 received in Miramichi
    07/24 shows as in progress on the rcmp website. I call to "check the status" and I'm told that I only need one reference to call. Done.
    07/30 application approved

Good luck to all running the gauntlet.
    Your still running the gauntlet...You got a month of checking your mail everyday..plus august 4th is a civic holiday so that will set the snail mail back a month

BANNED
    I've decided to forget it, i'm checking my bank and credit transactions any ways so when i see it trough i'll know.
    At my age time goes by fast so plus minus a month makes no difference screw this i can still go shoot my NR lol

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    I've decided to forget it, i'm checking my bank and credit transactions any ways so when i see it trough i'll know.
    At my age time goes by fast so plus minus a month makes no difference screw this i can still go shoot my NR lol

/facepalm never give up.. never quit fighting.. otherwise they win..

Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post
    thank you. I will give them a call then. will I be talking to the CFO themself then? Or maybe there is a team of them there doing this?

when it's at the CFO's office. has everything that they could possibly need to do done? is it literally just sitting at this office waiting for a stamp/signature?

I will give them a call tomorrow afternoon.
    you`ll be talking with someone on their team i assume, i called for the BC one, but they were so backed up and still are so chances are you`ll get in touch with the cfo office in another province

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Updated: Today is was day 23 after the received my RPAL app. It showed up online yesterday on day 22. Today I called CFC and spoke with a very nice lady. She looked at my app and said my file is ready for the interview. She gave me the extension and my reference number. My reference called in shortly after and finished the interview in about 3 min. I called again to ensure the had the interview on file and everything was good. A nice guy looked at my app and assured me everything was a go. I do not know if my law enforcement background helped or not but so far I am very happy with the process. Next step CFO Nova Scotia, which according to the lady will not take long. Next Tuesday it will 28 days, the mandatory waiting period. I will see what happens and keep you guys posted.
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Quote Originally Posted by BCMuley View Post
    Once it gets to the CFO, that's who does all the background check and interviews if necessary. All the Cfc does prior is process the payment and scan the photo and make sure all the info is filled out right. Then they send it off to the CFO to run the background check and get the final approval if all goes well.
    The above just isn't true. The CFC interviewed one of my references, neither I or either of my references were contacted by my CFO. My reference called in for the interview late on a Thursday and my license was issued by Friday evening, (I checked online after I got home from work).