Page 711 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 691701703704705706707708709710711712713714715716717718719721731 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Regular
    For those checking online status recently, which website are you using?

When I applied for mine, I used,
    https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISIWS/editLicenceQueryAuthentication.do

It worked well. No errors.
    No big hoops to jump through.

That website now is a dead link and I know a new applicant who tried to use it based on my experience.
    Maybe it's gone due to heartbleed?
    There was mention a few posts back, but no details.
    There have since been posts indicating successful online checks, but which site?

The applicant attempted the status link on the RCMP website, went through the CGkey process and attempted to create the "web services" account.
    They got a "doesn't match our records error", even though all should be correct.
    The application was send less than a month ago and the cheque is still un-cashed.
    Is that error normal, until they open the envelope in a month and enter data?

I was able to keep checking with the other website far before they cashed the cheque and one day info popped up.
    I had no errors before that either.

I'm unfamiliar with how the other website works, and we want to make sure this doesn't indicate problems.

Thanks

CGN Regular
    Ok everyone, if you have been waiting a long time for your firearms licence application to be approved, and you have been given the standard run-around answers.. this post should be a little beam of light.

My RPAL application was received by Miramichi on June. 21, 2013. My interviews went well and both of my references were contacted. Fast forward to today, April. 15, 2014, nearly 10 months later. I decided to call in and bug them. I have a slightly spotty history with Police, but no criminal record. I called in today and to my surprise was transferred to the Officer who was handling my file. We talked about my history for about 20 minutes, in depth, I received my lecture on life and how Firearms ownership in Canada is a privilege, not a right. I was told I now need to hold myself to a higher standard, because he was approving my application. I should have my RPAL in 2 weeks.

So in summary, be more than honest in your application. It asks if you have ever been reported to The Police, I didn't think I had... According to the Officer, even being scooped up outside a house party for drinking in public counts as being reported to the police.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Island guy View Post
    Called in today to check on progress was told just needed to talk to one of my references.
    Got him to call in today was late in the day as he was at work in the am.
    Talked with him tonight he said all went well so I will check tomorrow and see what it says online ( fingers crossed )
    This was for rpal and pal
    Well checked online status April 15 still says in progress called in the said was sent to CFO.
    So I guess I am still waiting.
    I wonder why some are like instant and others seem to take longer.
    I don't have a criminal record so it just doesn't make sense.

what a joke...this country is pathetic....I am tired of us all having to submit and kiss their asses....enough is enough...they work for us not the other way around!!

I didn't keep tabs on when I sent my application in (I'm not in a rush), nor did I send it registered. When I logged onto the website a few weeks ago, it stated that it was received on March 10. Called in today to inquire as to whether all the information was there; I was informed that my references could call in. I asked if I was required to do an interview, but was told that they're no longer doing applicant interviews. The guy I spoke with said that between the background check/CRC and the info on the application, it's sufficient enough. My first reference called in immediately (he's a little excited) and my second one called in a few hours later only to be told that they didn't need to speak with him, but that I should check the status. 37 days and my license is in the mail

Just got a call from the CFO for interview and both references also are done today. RCMP website status: Approved!!!

Here is my timeline in Montreal, Quebec:

This is for a PAL->RPAL upgrade

January 30, 2014 Application sent
    March 6, 2014 Credit card charged.
    I did not call anyone for anything the whole time while waiting
    April 17 References called, application approved.

Total of 77 days from mailing to approval.

I already have a club membership with my PAL.

Time for some shopping

I've been told it can take anywhere from 30 days to a year depending on personal situations. I've got almost 10 years in the military, and still haven't gotten my lazy ass through the PAL/RPAL process... maybe this summer lol... which means by winter or so I could potentially have my own firearm instead of using range rentals lol

Received via courier March 27
    Interviews completed April 11
    One of my references got a letter asking to call in, turns out it was sent in error (phew!)

Weird thing, I called today to make sure we're still on track and was told my app is good to go but I need to wait "the 45 day statutory waiting period" was this changed recently? I thought it was 28 days

Wooohoohoo. Licence issued and in the mail. Recieved march 11 issued april 18