Page 783 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 763773775776777778779780781782783784785786787788789790791793803 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 11500

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I challenged the test on the 10th of October. The application was mailed on the 15th.
    They claim to have received it on the 21st of October. They got to working on it and updated the status to processing around the 20th of November. I phoned in the next week and got a case number and had my reference phone in the same day (27th I think.)
    I now have licence in hand (on December 5th)

I gave them 3 weeks from when I put it in the mail and then phoned weekly. I began to phone more than once a week when they indicated that they had received my application.
    Last edited by QuickDraw16; 12-05-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

Talked the rcmp again on Friday. I was told the most likely reason that it hasn't been approved is the officer reviewing it is waiting for details regarding my past Runins with the rcmp. Every time I've ever been pulled over or spoken to an rcmp officer has to be reviewed before they can approve an application.

Is it normal for them not to call both your references and/or spouse? My license came in the mail yesterday and only one of my references got a phone call.

my pal was received on May 25. I have been waiting and called many times and was told it would take a while. Finally the beginning of October they put me though to the BC Branch or something and they said they would put in a request and if I didn't hear anything to call back in a few weeks. Called back three weeks later and they said that they just put through some sort of application for it to be looked at as the CFO had it for 5 months. Checked again today and still not approved.

CGN Regular
    According to the website they received my application on October 20th. This past saturday November 22nd my application finally appeared online and stated "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date" Does this mean then that I and/or my references will get called soon?

Hi, I'm a newbie. Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and experiences. I am currently in the process of getting my non-restricted pal. My application was sent in on November 17 expedited and received in Miramichi on the 19th. I submitted my application before receiving my official cfsc results. It has been a week and has not yet been entered online. I'm hoping by sticking to the advice on this forum I'll have my pal by January. I will keep you posted.

Sent my application and CFSC results in on Monday. Decided to sent via priority overnight CA Post. However, unless their tracking is wrong, it's taken 2 days already to just move to a different city. Anyone else had this happen and managed to get a refund from canadapost for blatantly not providing priority/overnight service when paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by rizlo100 View Post
    Sent my application and CFSC results in on Monday. Decided to sent via priority overnight CA Post. However, unless their tracking is wrong, it's taken 2 days already to just move to a different city. Anyone else had this happen and managed to get a refund from canadapost for blatantly not providing priority/overnight service when paid for?
    yep, ive gotten a few refunds from canada post, phone them, demand an answer as to why it wasnt delivered in the promised window, , and when they give you the reason, demand a full refund, and they will they did that with my application, paid for 2 day service, took 5 buisness days, and when my buddy forgot to sign my app, it took 8 days for 2 day service, 2 weeks after i called , i had a cheque in the mail for my full refund on both, each one was $18 or so, they rounded them both up to $20 and sent me a cheque for $40

Hey everyone,

The RCMP charged my CC $60 for my non-restricted PAL application, on Nov 3. But my status online only has initial processing, thus far. Is this normal procedure? Thanks.

Your an NB applicant and they have issued your PAL already? I applied in August (received aug 28).

I call in mid September and am told its in a pile in the mail room and to wait 4-6 weeks for it to appear online (it did sept 22).

At day 60 I call up the CFC to investigate the situation and see if there were any problems with the application, I was told it was in Fredericton and out of their hands.

Upon asking for the CFO phone number the agent responded "Due to higher than usual application volume they are backlogged and (was sternly told) THERE ARE NO NOTES FROM THE CFO ON YOUR FILE AND YOU ARE NOT TO CONTACT THEM"

So this deer season the has come and gone, I am still hunting with a bow and the rcmp site still states "your application has completed initial processing... the average application take 45 to 60 days to complete please check back at a later date"