Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1895SBL

I bought one of the first ones made, its a awesome cast shooter, with 460gr flat nose. its a keeper.

CGN Regular
    I know where there is a new one sitting in a shop in Ontario, for under 1100, I've been thinking about it for a few months now, it's still there!

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Why didn't they make the sight rail stainless? The black rail totally looks like #### on this gun amd takes away from all the beautiful stainless and gorgeous stock this has deterred me from buying
    I know this is a few weeks old, but figured I'd answer anyway as the thread keeps popping up: the rail is anodized aluminum, not steel. I supposed they could have polished the aluminum, but would probably be fairly expensive. If anyone really wanted to make it silver, all you've got to do is remove the anodizing, oven cleaner is an effective method. Probably want to remove the rail from the gun first....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yes it is a nice rifle for sure. I have my eye on a 1895 Marlin in 45/70 Cowboy with the 26 inch octagon barrel. The extra 4 or so inches of barrel will allow a shooter to wring every ounce of energy and muzzle velocity out of the cartridge. Only problem is the are non existent in Canada or very rare if available at all. My local gun emporium have had them on order for over a year and I am in their computer to come in when they arrive.
    With the new bullet and powder technology this rifle will put down anything that walks, talks, crawls, or flies on planet earth and besides it is the rifle with the most cool of all of em that are available.
    As for the QC from Remlen there are rumors that they are on top of it and are now putting out a quality rifle. The fit and finish is very good as is the smoothness of the action. Still I would not buy one on line, I would have to inspect it before purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by rekx View Post
    I know where there is a new one sitting in a shop in Ontario, for under 1100, I've been thinking about it for a few months now, it's still there!
    Where? Spill it!!!

I bought one 6 months or so ago from another sponsor mine is great no issues and appears to have great accuracy , love it ! Buy one !!
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

I bought mine from green Dimond in new Brunswick it's a John deer dealer. They don't list guns on there Website so you may have to call they had three at the time and I paid under $1000 out the door

CGN Regular
    Looking to purchase this gun.....where, where?

Quote Originally Posted by rickspeed View Post
    Looking to purchase this gun.....where, where?
    Me too!
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bump. Anyone know of any in stock?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast