Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: New family of rifles

is it just me or is TNW's site down?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    The site works for me (I noticed it is slightly different so maybe it got an upgrade?). On a side note, didn't get that upper out again...too busy...but hoping for Tues. evening.

edit: Have had the upper out twice more since the failure noted above...have not had any more issues with the BCG cam rotating on the feedramps. I will say thought that most of the issues are coming from the mag (aside from it only holding 4 rounds). The feed lips don't seem right (I'd say out of spec but have only normal AR15 mags to compare against). The left side of the body seems pushed in (cupped) like it's been stepped on or something. It should be noted that the mag is a CProducts and had a sticker on it that says "modified by TNW for Cdn market" (or something similar...it got cleaned off pretty quick). I've noticed on an american site (that won't be named) that CProducts had some issues with early 7.62x39 mags but has since rectified the problem. Could this be one of those mags? Don't know...

Overall the upper is great...I really like the extra ooomph of the 7.62 round on the AR platform. The mag though isn't so hot. If anyone plans on ordering one of these I suggest making a note to check the mag out first. I'm going to see about sending this one back so that it'll be all smiley faces!
    Last edited by Brordo; 10-06-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: had upper out a couple more times

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    MAGS ARE DUE IN 7-10 days

John
    John
    Any word on 7.62x39 AR 5/30 mags?

Thanks
    Rod
    "Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    Thomas Jefferson

CSSA
    NFA