Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New family of rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    Good question...I'd think they'd probably use the 308 flashhiders that are available...which would be standard threading...but I'm guessing...

edit: As a side note...hey Colossal...when you get your upper how's about letting others try it out when you're shooting it at Poco?
    PPPPPFFFFFTTTTT. Your lucky I like you old man:P
    I'll bring up the NP22 also.
    Originally Posted by Armedsask
    Bringing up the XCR is like arguing my Grandma is good at basketball because she once saw a black man.

answered
    Last edited by zenmagic; 09-11-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: redundant
    Space for rent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    oops...you quoted me 2 minutes before I made the change to include what I thought standard meant...5/8x24

Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    oops...you quoted me 2 minutes before I made the change to include what I thought standard meant...5/8x24
    Awesome, but I don't think Marstar has flash hiders. Can't find them anywhere on their site.
    Space for rent.

Ok...the TNW 7.62 upper arrived and I can say for sure it ain't 1/2x28...gotta say though it is pretty cool...tried it on a Norc lower and it fit ok. It's not a tight fit (but not sloppy either) but everything functions as it should. Overall the upper seems pretty good. I wouldn't put it on par with my Spikes billet but it's not shabby. I didn't see any tooling marks like the postings I saw from last year (on a different forum...dealing with the prototype). Should be able to get to the range with it this weekend for some major fun. After that the range report will follow.

For 7.62x39 flash hider threading...see this thread:
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=514001

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looking forward to hearing what the 762 upper works and functions like......

Whats the barrel like?

Just wondering if it is chrome lined? Might be a factor for me when pouring cheap corrosive through it?

Quote Originally Posted by peirecce View Post
    Just wondering if it is chrome lined? Might be a factor for me when pouring cheap corrosive through it?
    Good question, how are the internals coated John??

Ok...so we got the 7.62x39 upper out for a test drive last night (was w/ ColossalE). It was mounted onto my Norc M4 lower and we were using a Vortex Sparc as the sight. Started out by sighting in to 25m. That went no problem so banged out another 100 rounds or so of cheapy Czech surplus...all seemed to be going well. We did have 2 FTF during this. From looking at the mag (which by the way only holds 4 rounds...DOH!!!) it seems to ride a smidge rough in the body (we'll lube that follower later). We chalked up those FTF's to that and were more careful loading the mag. So then we set up targets at 50m and 100m and were going to dump the rest of the surplus onto them. Had 1 more FTF during this time but at round 192 we suffered a failure that stopped us dead for the night. It seems we had an out of spec case that jammed in the barrel (the round fired) and when the extractor grabbed it the cam of the BCG rotated ever so slightly and jammed on the feed ramps. Needless to say I've never seen that occur and it was somewhat crappy on an otherwise fine night. I've fired 1000's of rounds of this type of surplus through SKS's without any issue at all. So we packed up/take it to my house and proceeded to correct it/clean it. Gotta say it is way easier to clean with that barrel being able to pop off like that. So I guess we'll take it up to the range again on the weekend and try a bunch more rounds through it. At this point I still think its a pretty good upper but if this type of failure occurs again with any kind of regularity than I'd have to reserve judgement the other way...so for now...a 4/5 thumbs up.