Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bringing lots of ammo to the range

bringing lots of ammo to the range

When heading to the range, how do you carry all your ammo with you? Unwrapping 20 surplus rounds at a time is tedious and its a pain to keep track of all the paper/boxes.
    I've considered dumping all my surplus ammo into a plastic ammo box. Would this be frowned upon?
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

My easy container for 9mm and 45 acp reloads is Zip lock bags. Several hundred per bag. Ammo boxes can be had cheap. I've seen Tupperware containers, coffee tins, just about any container will do, and the less paper garbage for someone to dispose of. You idea of an ammo box is 100% acceptable.

CGN Regular
    I use a el cheapo red metal tool box with a clasp on that can take a lock thru it . Like 20 inches long 10 inches high 8 or so inches wide . Do it all the time . will hold hundreds of rounds . And inconspicuous . I wedge 1 inch thick sections of styro foam to make separators and plastic ammo boxes come up on for sale at Cabelas and others on a regular basis .
    When I go shooting . It would be like 303 , 308 and maybe 22 . So I,m not worried about mixing up ammo accidentally .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Simple. Multiple green plastic Plano ammo boxes.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

This ^

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Simple. Multiple green plastic Plano ammo boxes.
    Yep this is what I use too.

old military surplus ammo can, water proof and pretty tough and you can fit a lock on it. plus they stack nicely for storage

I have an old beat up brown metal military style ammo can with stickers all over it, so I know which is mine. I just toss ammo in, however it comes and just throw out the garbage at the range. I don't like loose ammo of different types everywhere! I usually get tired before the can is empty...
    with great power comes great responsibility.

Ziplocs for bulk 223 rounds, ammo boxes for my long range reloads. Only ammo I get factory is 22 LR which stays in its 50 round packs.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

I use Rubbermaid kitchen containers. Not the disposable ones. I have a few different sizes. I usually have 4 or 5 calibers with me. Larger rifle goes into the mtm plastic containers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast