Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How many guns is too many?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    I'm down to about ten at present, but I've had as many as 30 at one time... no problems thus far.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

I have 5 and only had my RPAL 3 weeks
    The only thing stopping me from buying more is my wife

CGN Regular
    I think the real question is how much is not enough?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Edward Teach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax420 View Post
    You need at least 3 revolvers, one of them must be a .357 magnum so you can say "Go ahead, make my day" a bunch of times.
    NO! You need a 44 Mag to do that!!
    357 Magnum Dirty Harry laughs at your piddly little gun!
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin command here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Papaclaude's Avatar

How many guns are too much?

Guns are like money and ##### From time to time you hear rumours if someone having too many, but this has never been proven. However, for married men, there is a reverse correlation between sex and guns, in that the more guns a man buys, the more his sex life suffers, and also the less money he has.
    It's important to have a good vocabulary. If I had known the difference between the words 'antidote' and 'anecdote,' one of my good friends would still be alive.

BANNED
    Only person who knows how many is too much is the Girlfriend! I have been through at least 30 guns in my first 2 years with my RPAL! Not all at once, but bought and sold over time! I like saying I rent guns I don't buy them! I just sell em, and you really never lose too much money on them! The next thing comes along and I can justify buying it if I can sell one from the cabinet that doesn't get too much use! I have since cut the collection way down, as there is plenty of talk of marriage and buying a house coming from the GF lately! A .22, a centerfire rifle, a 12g, a G17, and a Ruger redhawk in .44mag, as well as a Bushmaster Carbon 15 - 9mm! Now when I open the safe and see all the empty space I get an itch, but I find practicing with the ones I have more is good for my skill developement! That makes me feel a little better! Lol

CGN frequent flyer
    Since i've had more guns, i have been " Banging " my guns off more, than banging my wife. LOL. Have a better time with the guns & cheaper to feed too. Dinner, movies, etc. with wife $120 or more for the night. With $120 i can buy 4 bricks of 22lr, thats 2,000 rds, way more fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    I think I am at around 28 or 30... can't remember. I know a few members of the board of my club that have 200+.

If you can afford it, get as many as you like. Thats the great thing about guns.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Regular
    How do you know if you have too many guns (and or are addicted)? When you mortgage your house for more guns lol

Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    "If you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough."
    there we go.:D