Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How many guns is too many?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer smak_daddy's Avatar
    How strong is the floor in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Shotgun View Post
    Three guns is all I need.
    My friend, if you only bought and owned things cause you "Needed" them, you'd have an empty house!
    Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    I buy till my wife points her gun and me and says no more, good thing she hasn't done that yet haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ganderite View Post
    I don't understand the question....

"Please help me understand what is so difficult about the current firearms registry and the requirement to carry each registration slip with you when the firearms are in use?" - Lieberal Party

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    I got invited to a wedding the other day. Went to my closet to get dressed. All I had in the closet was one old raggedy pair of 10 year old dress pants with the ass tore out a sport coat, and 35 guns. It was right then that it suddenly dawned on me that I desperatly needed a new gun.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester
    Yeah, I know this is a really old thread, (I came across it using Google)... but I just had to say; this post is hilarious!

Also, I noticed several people used to list their firearms in their signature... no one seems to do that anymore.

Anyways, that's it. Feel free to cry "necro-thread!" and call for it to be closed, or... whatever.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by P90Puma View Post
    No such thing as too many.

I can't see myself owning more than 10 or so, but if that lottomax ticket pans out, oooh boy.
    I passed ten guns a few decades ago. I'm at the point where I have to think about it before I give an answer to "How Many?"

Now honestly, this question is a joke, right? I mean I know a few people who walk around carrying more guns that the starter of this thread has bought.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Who ever you are, can you please adopt me?

I promise to be a good and worthy son.

The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Who ever you are, can you please adopt me?

I promise to be a good and worthy son.

Here is an interesting observation that I have made over several decades of being on this earth. I have seen many instances where the father had a nice gun collection and was into shooting/reloading etc and the son(s) had little or no interest whatsoever. In fact I have seen a couple cases where the son(s) were in a rush to get rid of the old man's guns and stuff in order to get the $$ to blow on worthless shyt....in most cases with nothing to show but a good time...if you can call it that.

Of note is the fact that I have no kids and I see you reside in my general neck of the woods........

CD

Oh, and to answer the OP's question (completely forgot what this thread was about...lol), Wendy would say that a single gun is way too many!
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    I think of it in military terms.

The typical gun owner can arm a squad up to a platoon. A collector can arm a company up to a battalion... perhaps regiment or brigade. Some guys collect allot of guns. Now, when you have enough guns to arm an army corps... maybe that's too many guns for one man to own. That's the line right there. If you can arm two or three divisions. You have too many guns.

That's just one man's opinion.
    Last edited by BeaverMeat; 07-24-2016 at 12:15 AM.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    They just outlawed high cap clips for the Ruger 10/22. Don't think that limiting the amount of guns you can have, will be far behind.

And I think somehow that defunked LGR data will mysteriously find it's way back into the RCMP's hands. If it ever left.