Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Year for the Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Jwirecom109 View Post
    Again guys just asking what the Edge is going to do in the future to protect the members, and public. Safety and security, i am not saying anything bad about them.
    I can stop my membership for my own reasons, my safety and security is very important, and if i feel it is at risk i will do something about it, thus leaving the edge. Not telling anyone else to do it, just asking what the edge is doing in the future, please read the post guys
    This must be the best post of the year.
    I really wish you have addressed me these worries.

Good job on JR's behalf for being professional as always.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pizdets17's Avatar
    Well while he is freezing wherever it is you shoot, Ill be having a coffee and a box of ammo at the edge this winter lol

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro View Post
    This must be the best post of the year.
    I really wish you have addressed me these worries.

Good job on JR's behalf for being professional as always.
    Buy quality once or keep buying crap forever..

GunNutz
    Removed
    Last edited by Clint E.; 06-30-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Not my place to comment;

Expired Business
    JR;
    It is interesting to note the many "expert" opinions and solutions offered by those not in the trade....

Good luck and continued success with your business

John

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chan View Post
    "Nothing is beyond the control of a company" Are you serious? Can you honestly say that the company you work for has never dropped the ball on something, or had a minor slip up? Mistakes happen in life, and you do your best to learn from them and ensure those same mistakes never happen again. I don't know a single company or individual that has absolute perfect control over everything that goes on around them.
    If you work for the government, the ball is dropped on an hourly basis!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    I will no longer be doing business with TSE. I stopped doing business with Wholesale................... This kind of thing does nothing but ............ damage to our hobby.
    Yup, keep cutting off companies that are in the industry, it make everything better

JR

See you soon at one of the shows!
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    all you newbies should get someone to tell you the FIRING LINE stories- this stuff is NOTHING - it sure DOESN'T BEAT BEING PUT ON THE FLOOR WITH SHOTGUNS AND HAVING THE ENTIRE INVENTORY STOLEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint E. View Post
    I will no longer be doing business with TSE. I stopped doing business with Wholesale after their stolen gun fiasco as well. The fact the there is not a fail-safe method to control the inventory of restricted guns boggles my mind. This kind of thing does nothing but give the anti-gun groups leverage, and causes damage to our hobby. Also how would you feel if you or your spouse was a Police Officer and a bunch of illegal weapons were now in the hands of criminals and it was being brushed of as 'mistakes happen'. Sorry no second chances with me.

Clint
    Have you ever thought of blaming the criminals for the crime rather than the victim of the crime? Give your head a shake... As for your question, there are always a bunch of illegal weapons in the hands of dangerous criminals so what exactly is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Clint E. View Post
    I will no longer be doing business with TSE. I stopped doing business with Wholesale after their stolen gun fiasco as well. The fact the there is not a fail-safe method to control the inventory of restricted guns boggles my mind. This kind of thing does nothing but give the anti-gun groups leverage, and causes damage to our hobby. Also how would you feel if you or your spouse was a Police Officer and a bunch of illegal weapons were now in the hands of criminals and it was being brushed of as 'mistakes happen'. Sorry no second chances with me.

Clint
    And where did I miss the info that the firearms being sold were stolen from TSE? I have read the reports about what the store is doing to improve things and am very impressed. Would certainly shoot there if I lived in Calgary.
    Way to many toys and the wife just found out how much they cost.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Suicide Prevention: Yes, there have been two suicides here. To help combat this we have run “Suicide Awareness” training for all of our staff. We also have implemented a policy where we do not let UNLICENSED individuals come in to shoot by themselves. They have to bring a buddy! Simply put; friends don’t bring friends to shoot them selves. This may not be a foolproof policy, but I think it is a very good step in the right direction.
    This is a great idea! You are absolutely right, if unlicensed people are required to come shoot with a friend the likelihood of suicide will go way way down. It may also get more people to try shooting for the first time, which is good for the community and your business. Every range should have this policy!

As for the few firearms that snuck out of the store - I would be much more concerned with the thousands illegaly coming across the border from the USA. Of course a business should still do what they can to prevent theft - but it sounds like you are working the right direction.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast