Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Year for the Edge

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar

Bad Year for the Edge

Bad year for the Edge.

What kind of changes can we expect, because of the two suicides and now the recent gun trafficking changes laid against an employee and former employee.

I know because of the suicides I stopped going to the Edge and three other people on my block did as well. (2 of us were full time members and one was there at the time of the last death).

I always thought the edge was a nice place to shoot, and I am hoping that there will be some major changes to public walkins and the staff at the edge.

I had read the newspaper today and the owner explained some changes i was hoping that you would post them again and give us abit more detail. and tell us if there will be any changes to staffing, and the requirements.

I am hoping that my confidence will be restored at some point to again want to shoot there.

For now I have joined another club.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    all these things were BEYOND THE CONTROL of the edge- as for the suicides, the parties involved could have just as easily tried to cross the deerfoot at night- with the same result- there have been similar incidents in edmonton and other places- as for the traffiking thing, jr does his level best to screen out the bad ones- HAVE YOU TRIED TO OBTAIN EMPLOYMENT THERE?- the application was enough to make me think twice about it , let alone the police check-

nothing is beyond the control of a company. Policies in place limit the amount people can do and can get away with. I am not saying that the Edge is at fault, i am just asking what is the Edge going to do in the future to curve these things from happening. I have met the owner several times while i was a member he seemed like a good guy and the company ran very well, but things come up that do stop people from doing business with them. They are accountable for what happens in their store, even if they didn't do it themselves. So i just wanted to see what the Edge will do to increase the safety and security of the members that are still there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    What the hell are you talking about??? Have you stopped driving on the Deerfoot too? Because I can guarantee you that people commit suicide on that road every single month if not more frequently...

But seriously, I don't understand why are you worried about how some sad individual decided to kill himself and why would that affect whether or not you shoot at TSE... Maybe I'm missing something. Iv'e been a full member at TSE for almost 5 years and I have never felt unsafe shooting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwirecom109 View Post
    Bad year for the Edge.

What kind of changes can we expect, because of the two suicides and now the recent gun trafficking changes laid against an employee and former employee.

I know because of the suicides I stopped going to the Edge and three other people on my block did as well. (2 of us were full time members and one was there at the time of the last death).

I always thought the edge was a nice place to shoot, and I am hoping that there will be some major changes to public walkins and the staff at the edge.

I had read the newspaper today and the owner explained some changes i was hoping that you would post them again and give us abit more detail. and tell us if there will be any changes to staffing, and the requirements.

I am hoping that my confidence will be restored at some point to again want to shoot there.

For now I have joined another club.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i come from a military background- if i give recruit a GRENADE, and show him HOW to use it, and he pulls the pin and drops the grenade and kills or wounds the whole squad, how is that MY FAULT? it's the same deal- you CANNOT control the actions of another individual EVERY SECOND-

CGN frequent flyer hillbillyreefer's Avatar
    So what your saying is you want counselors in every shooting station, asking questions before every shot. If someone does off themselves the TSE drove them to it?

Does your boss know everything you do in your off hours?

Give your head a shake, sell your firearms and join up with the liberals.
    Careful, freedom of speech is forbidden.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    What the hell are you talking about??? Have you stopped driving on the Deerfoot too? Because I can guarantee you that people commit suicide on that road every single month if not more frequently...

But seriously, I don't understand why are you worried about how some sad individual decided to kill himself and why would that affect whether or not you shoot at TSE... Maybe I'm missing something. Iv'e been a full member at TSE for almost 5 years and I have never felt unsafe shooting there.
    what only 5 years- you're still a newbie- my membership is in the low 60's

Again guys just asking what the Edge is going to do in the future to protect the members, and public. Safety and security, i am not saying anything bad about them.
    I can stop my membership for my own reasons, my safety and security is very important, and if i feel it is at risk i will do something about it, thus leaving the edge. Not telling anyone else to do it, just asking what the edge is doing in the future, please read the post guys

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    what only 5 years- you're still a newbie- my membership is in the low 60's
    I know... They haven't even shown me the secret handshake yet and I still have to bow when a senior member enters the range... I'll just wait it out and soon enough I will be one of you...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast