Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PAL test questions

Dozens of people are gunned down each day in Springfield, but until now none of them was important. I'm Kent Brockman. At three p.m. Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was shot following a tense confrontation at town hall. Burns was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to "alive".

Its turned into a helpful thread that was nice into somewhere you go to pad you post count? If your not gunna offer advice and help (for or against) and not back it up. It doesn't help. If you read through I'm pretty sure vie saidthe course would have been a great idea. But I'm not one to back out of something I've already aranged. Thanks to those that were helpful. And everyone else enjoy the one extra post you got on your count.

simmer....i still suggest the course...no matter what anyone else says
    advice is advice...if you dont take it, leave it.

no need to be condescending
    Dozens of people are gunned down each day in Springfield, but until now none of them was important. I'm Kent Brockman. At three p.m. Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was shot following a tense confrontation at town hall. Burns was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to "alive".

CGN Regular
    I agree completely with Danimal247. If your brother took the courses and passed the tests, he should be able to sit you down for an hour or so and teach you everything you need to know to pass the written tests. Read the books as well. They are 50 question multiple choice tests and they don't really try to trick you. For the ACTS/PROVE part, just watch the videos several times where they show the guy doing the prove process. Then before you do the hands-on, ask your tester for a review of each firearm you are expected to handle. Every firearm is different and each has it's own different safety, bolt lock, etc. You can not and an instructor can not expect you to know the details of every firearm design in existance.

Yo, Flintstone!

Good luck tomorrow, make us proud! I will say like others before me have, it may be difficult for you to pass the hands-on portion of the test as you did not have the chance to see how the instructor likes to teach his class. Otherwise, the written part is pretty well cake, or pie, which ever you prefer.

Cheers,
    Nick
    "...My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace." -Major General William H. Rupertus

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal247 View Post
    I challenge tested non-restricted and restricted and passed on the first time ... Here's what I did to prepare:

1) Read the books for non-restricted and restricted (the books have a label on them saying they are not allowed to be sold for more than $5 each)
    2) Watch the youtube videos that match the books (posted by someone else above)
    3) Watch the youtube videos that PROVE a variety of guns safe (here is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/Silvercore123 )
    4) Ask the instructor for 10 minutes to review the firearms on your own (my instructor told me to do so, yours might do the same) and go over PROVEing each one by yourself. Make sure you point the firearm in the safe direction at all times (even when loading into a carrying case) and you won't have any trouble
    this is by far the best advice -

when we have a person do a challenge we give them a 20 minute lesson on handguns and all the various action types...

as someone who holds courses Ive never seen anyone fail the test, but i do see them fail the practical -

generally speaking they end up pointing a handgun at someone ...

Quote Originally Posted by MudChucker View Post
    this is by far the best advice -

when we have a person do a challenge we give them a 20 minute lesson on handguns and all the various action types...

as someone who holds courses Ive never seen anyone fail the test, but i do see them fail the practical -

generally speaking they end up pointing a handgun at someone ...
    Thanks guys, that is what my brother said. That almost all the people thatthis instructor has failed was because he person had pointed a firearm at him. I will defenatly come back and let you guys know how it went.

alright, cause I said I would come back and share how I did, thats what i'm going to do.

I got 94% on the written (3 wrong I think) and 100% on the hands on. I thank you all again.

While every single exam is supposed to be conducted and evaluated the same way across the country, you will find some instructors who will coach students through the practical portion. Some instructors even get decertified by the provincial regulatory bodies for fraudulent conduct of the exams. So when you hear about how easy someone's test was, take it with a grain of salt. If you do really know your stuff, the test is easy. If a buddy got talked through the exam by an examiner who wasn't going to let him fail but you get tested by someone who conducts the test as it is supposed to be done, you could be in for a rude surprise.

On the written tests some people with learning disabilities or language difficulties do have trouble passing. Usually people who want to do the courses have much higher scores than those who have to do the course.
    EOSC.ca

I have had my non restricted for several years, took my resticted the other day. I didn't want to just "pass" the test, I wanted to learn how to safely handle the firearms. I think its more than a matter of passing. The time I had with the firearms, hands on for the several hours of the course were invaluable from a safety aspect. I might have passed the "test" if I challenged it but I wanted to learn to safely handle the firearms. I hope the gentleman that started this thread is never on the same range as me when I shoot. Just my 2cents.....................
    Last edited by banjaboy; 08-08-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast