Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long should your First ATT take? BC

How long should your First ATT take? BC

Hi all,

I applied for my first ATT and I was wondering How long does your first one generally take?

I posted it, to the BC cfo in Surrey. Which is only 10klm away.

I handed it in to the post office on Sunday evening, so it should have already headed out for postage first thing Monday morning.

I'm excited as F*** cause I just bought my first pistol and I'm hoping to go shoot it this weekend!

When it comes to the pistol. Myself and the private seller both called to transfer the registration and it's now been referred to my local CFO in BC. Turns out the seller only lives 18klm away so postage of the pistol should be fast.

What are my chances of actually being able to go to the range with the pistol this coming weekend?

Thanks for the help.

I still need to apply for an ATT? I thought the ATT is attached to my R-PAL after the passing of Bill C-42, the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act. My seller initiated the transfer last Friday.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by odizzle7 View Post
    Hi all,

I applied for my first ATT and I was wondering How long does your first one generally take?

I handed it in to the post office on Sunday evening, so it should have already headed out for postage first thing Monday morning.

I'm excited as F*** cause I just bought my first pistol and I'm hoping to go shoot it this weekend!

When it comes to the pistol. Myself and the private seller both called to transfer the registration and it's now been referred to my local CFO in BC. Turns out the seller only lives 18klm away so postage of the pistol should be fast.

What are my chances of actually being able to go to the range with the pistol this coming weekend?

Thanks for the help.
    If this is your first pistol you should receive a new PAL with your ATT conditions attached. ATTs are not required for most transports now

CGN Regular
    Hi all,

Thanks for the help.
    I've also been told that once the transfer is in your hands you can transport it. Some will disagree, I would,d suggest you call the CFO when your transfer is complete

Should take around three or four days in BC. Mine took two days, but I was calling the CFO on day two and had them fax approval to the store.

Your ATT attached to your pal is for transporting to the places as stated in the conditions. You still need to go through the registration process for restricted firearms though, which is what you are waiting for.
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Are you currently a member of a Club or Range?
    Hi all,

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Steppenwolf; 09-26-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: cLub
    Politicians, they promise you the world and deliver you into poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevious22 View Post
    If this is your first pistol you should receive a new PAL with your ATT conditions attached. ATTs are not required for most transports now
    That is an inaccurate statement
    ATT's are a CONDITION of your RPAL
    You still require a STATT for some transport such as to the post office etc..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by highvelocityplaya View Post
    That is an inaccurate statement
    ATT's are a CONDITION of your RPAL
    You still require a STATT for some transport such as to the post office etc..
    That's why I said most

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Are you currently a member of a Club or Range?
    Yea I needed to be for the ATT so it was the first thing I done. Just got a silvercore membership. It's not an actual full range membership. Just the bare essential for getting an ATT

Quote Originally Posted by Label View Post
    I still need to apply for an ATT? I thought the ATT is attached to my R-PAL after the passing of Bill C-42, the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act. My seller initiated the transfer last Friday.
    I found out after I applied for my RPal that you needed to be a member of a range to get the ATT attached to your license. My current RPal just says standard conditions for transport. IV joined a range now and applied for an ATT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast