Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PAL test questions

PAL test questions

alright, so I booked a date to challenge the exam (wednesday July 7), my brother took the course and is confedent that I can just challenge it and get it done for less money, he gave away his book, so my question is, is the gunexams.com practice exam sufficent study matearial? maybe some of you know some better places, i've found ACTS PROVE (pretty common sence, but something i dont want to forget for the test) and advice will be greatly apretiated, thanks.

being around guns and shooting is nothing new to me, time to get the PAL for myself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nairbg's Avatar
    It would be better if you knew that material than just knew enough to pass the exam..... your life, or someone else's might depend on it.
    If someone is going to kill you with your own gun, they had best have to beat you to death with it!

CGN Regular
    I also would recommend taking the course. I would imagine it could be difficult to pass the hands on portion of the exam without knowing how your instructor taught the course. Unless you have access to a pump, lever, bolt, semi auto, ect. at home you aren't going to be very familiar with them.

Good points. Makes sence. I don't want to call and cancel I think I will continue on and challenge the test. Like I said its not new to me. But I'm not saying u guys are wrong. I probably wont ever go shooting on my own always with my brother atleast who has taken the course. I own a rifle well I bought it for my brother for me to use I'm sure he'd let me know if I was doing something wrong or unsafe n

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Spawn-Inc's Avatar
    here is a set of videos that might help you out. supposedly from the course video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVnKDEqsRHA

there is 6 parts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Buy the books and study them. It's no different than a drivers test. Just remember, 80% is a pass... anything less, and you do not.

Also, take your restricted at the same time. It will cost another 25 for the test, but only another 20.00 to submit your completed app.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by A moderator see FAQ View Post
    Q: I tried shooting and I like it! How do I get my PAL or POL licence?
    A: You no longer can get a POL (Possession Only Licence). No problem really, as you do not yet have guns, you will need to get a PAL anyways.
    To get a PAL (Possession and Acquisition Licence), you must pass a written and a practical (hands-on) test. Generally, you would take a one or two day/evening course, although, if you feel you are up for it, you may challenge the test without taking the course.
    quoted from our very own FAQ here, if it was thought unsafe, I do not think challenging the test would be an option.

thanks spawn-inc and got juice. I will study the books when my brother gets them back, I feel like i'm doing more then most that would just challenge the test and making the effort to study and learn more with what I have.

my brother has said he will go over some hands on stuff with the rifles we have (even thought I already know) I have a whole group of people around me that are more then willing to make the effort to make sure i'm having a safe good time.

I appretiate what this forum has to offer and i've learned quite a bit from the short time i've been here, and i'm only going to learn more.

anymore coments/suggestions i'm all ears, and greatful for what has been said already.

CGN Regular
    i agree you could challenge the written and pass it no problem the majority is common sence... well i would hope its common sence. i hear that most people fail the hands on aspect when they challenge.

as much as it is an additional cost i would recomend the course. not only from the safety aspect either. i learnt lots of neat info in my course and would highly recomend taking it even if you know your stuff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
    quoted from our very own FAQ here, if it was thought unsafe, I do not think challenging the test would be an option.

thanks spawn-inc and got juice. I will study the books when my brother gets them back, I feel like i'm doing more then most that would just challenge the test and making the effort to study and learn more with what I have.

my brother has said he will go over some hands on stuff with the rifles we have (even thought I already know) I have a whole group of people around me that are more then willing to make the effort to make sure i'm having a safe good time.

I appretiate what this forum has to offer and i've learned quite a bit from the short time i've been here, and i'm only going to learn more.

anymore coments/suggestions i'm all ears, and greatful for what has been said already.
    You're welcome. If you have access to a firearm to ACT and PROVE while studying, it really makes the lessons stick. Also in the mirror in the bathroom put 2 post it notes with ACTS and PROVE on them. Every morning when you shave recite the acronyms and their meanings.

The Restricted book is 75% review of long arms, and then it moves to the handgun stuff. Pay special attention to the ATT requirements and storage, transport of restricted.

Take 3 weeks of studying like that, and you will write a 99% and practical should be close to 100%

For the record, these methods work. On PAL I got 98% Pract 100% Writ and on RPAL I got 100% Pract and 98% writ.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

I watched the video series, it was very good, if it does backfire and I bomb the test, I am not ashamed to come back and say you guys were right, and that I will defenatly be taking the course for the next attempt, it is not in my nature to cancel something that i've already arranged, I am challenging the test on wednesday. and very much appretiate the information givin, and will gladly accept/read more, i'm still going to reasearch and study before and after (never ends) the test, thank you all.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast