Thread: Krieghoff Classic Big Five .470 NE

Krieghoff Classic Big Five .470 NE

KRIEGHOFF Classic Big Five

Caliber: .500 NE also available in .375 H&H, .375 Fl. Mag, .500/.416 NE and .470 NE.

Barrel Length: 24"

Finish Type: Blued Metal Work, Stainless Receiver w/ Detailed Engraving and Wood Fore Grip and Stock

Sight Type: Fixed Rifle Sights

Safety Type: Uses a manual cocking device. For info please read the paragraph at the end.

Magazine Capacity: 2 Rounds Chambered

Included Accessories: Comes with hard Carrying Case lined with blue velvet interior for extra protection and soft case.

The Combi-Cocking Device - The speed advantage of self-cocking
    With most manual cocking devices, the gun must be recocked each time it is reloaded, which could cost critical seconds in some hunting situations. Krieghoff's combi-cocking device combines the safety advantages of manual cocking with the speed advantage of a self-cocking gun.When a gun equipped with the combi-cocking device is fired and the cocking device is left in the forward position, the gun cocks automatically when it is opened and reloaded. It is then ready to fire again. With the cocking device in its rear, safe position, the gun is uncocked and remains uncocked regardless of opening and closing.

PRICE: Please call for latest price and availability.

(Note: List Price does not include Shipping & Tax)

For more information, please contact Wolverine Supplies:

Phone: (204) 748-2454

Fax: (204) 748-1805

Email: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 07-16-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: New stock

nice gun, does it have ejectors or extractors.

These models are non ejector, extractors only. Many, myself included, prefer a non ejector on double rifles for dangerous game.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Republic of Alberta's Avatar
    John, have you ever handled a Krieghoff Classic (not the big 5) in the smaller calibers (like 9.3) and what did you think of it. I almost never hear of someone with a small bore Krieghoff I don't know why they are not more popular. Price? Availability?

I REALY like the de-cocking idea of the Krieghoff's. Walking around with the hammers back and only a small piece of steel engaging the sears on a boxlock gives me the heebie jeebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Republic of Alberta View Post
    John, have you ever handled a Krieghoff Classic (not the big 5) in the smaller calibers (like 9.3) and what did you think of it. I almost never hear of someone with a small bore Krieghoff I don't know why they are not more popular. Price? Availability?

I REALY like the de-cocking idea of the Krieghoff. Walking around with the hammers back and only a small piece of steel engaging the sears on a boxlock gives me the heebie jeebies.
    I find the small bore double rifles both delightful to handle and fire. Sadly they are not popular in North America. They are more pricy than a bolt action and they have the reputation of not be able to deliver the same long range accuracy that a bolt can. In my experience a good double in the lighter calibers can be scoped and at practical hunting ranges, out to 200-250 m they can hold their own. I use a Merkel double 9.3 x 74R with a Swarovski in QD mounts and I love her, not exactly a small caliber, but I have managed a one shot kill on a Springbok at just over 300 m.

Your comments on the Krieghoff cocking/safety system are correct. As a Krieghoff double in a light caliber would be a special order please e-mail me at John@wolverinesupplies.com and I will be pleased to work out a quote for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Republic of Alberta's Avatar
    Thanx John, I will wait a bit before getting into anything too deep. Once my house is payed off the promised present to my self is another double, which then will take more time to save for. It will go one of 2 ways, a big bore or a scoped small bore with adjustable regulation, like the Krieghoff, Merkel 141 or (dare I say it) Blazer.