Thread: 5.6x52R aka 22 Hi Power

BANNED

5.6x52R aka 22 Hi Power

I was wondering if you can find the .227/.228 bullets and some dies for this caliber. Brass would be wonderful too but I can get by if I resized 25-35 Win brass. Or even 30-30 brass works too I understand. But I have been having a hard time trying to bring my great-grandfathers Savage 1899 Takedown back to life. Gun is fine but ammo is being a problem. Thanks for any answers you may have.

Kevin

BANNED
    If you need a steady supply of .228" bullets, M.T. Chambers would do a sponsorship deal on a mold with you, at this time it is one of the few sizes that i don't have.

I think we'll be getting some in next month. Drop me a PM and I'll get you some more details.

Ryan

5.6x52r

Gy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    I think we'll be getting some in next month. Drop me a PM and I'll get you some more details.

Ryan
    I believe hornady made or still makes bullets in .228 and Norma still makes ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Tradeex sells S&B ammo as well.

Bumping an old thread as a friend of mine just approached me about reloading for his 22 savage high power. Need a source for a die set and .227 bullets. Checked SFRC but they are sold out of bullets and I didn't see dies.
    Please for the love of god edit your sold EE ads properly

Just when I think people have reached the lowest depths of stupidity, someone builds a better drill...

If you go to the hornady site it says these bullets are temporarily suspended. So probably won't be able to get them for a while. I had trouble getting some for my gun.

Hummm well that's too bad for my buddy. Thanks for the info.
    Please for the love of god edit your sold EE ads properly

Just when I think people have reached the lowest depths of stupidity, someone builds a better drill...