Thread: Getting started

Getting started

Hi
    I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer
    I am 17 and would like to take the pal and rpal course before I turn 18, then when I'm 18 send in my licence forum. Also regarding the references do they call them if so what questions do they ask?
    Any help would be great
    Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Superbrad's Avatar
    You can do as you said... yes, they call your references... what they ask are basic questions related to your personality....
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks so much. Can you use anyone for a reference like parents family members .etc?
    Last edited by Alexander gunz; 12-04-2011 at 10:07 PM.

"A reference is anyone who has known you for at least three (3) years and is at least 18 years old. However, he or she CANNOT BE your current conjugal partner." Taken directly from the application form.

RCMP Form 921 is the Application for a Possession and Acquisition Licence Under the Firearms Act. The form itself is found on their server; http://205.193.86.86/cfp-pcaf/form-f...fs/921-eng.pdf

yes you can use family members, as for the questions, the questions they ask you are the same as the 5 on the form and maybe 3 or 4 others then they basically ask your references the same questions and about your personality and why you want a restricted weapon and so on.

Thanks everyone for the help!!