Thread: To Armand and the Badger staff!!!

To Armand and the Badger staff!!!

hey guys. Armand asked me to post this. About 6 or 7 weeks ago i got 22cal training weapons from Badger arms for my CQB training and other ventures. I got a Smith and Wesson M&P15-22MOE as the little brother for my Smith and Wesson M&P 15 in 5.56NATO and a GSG 1911-22 as the little brother for my Colt M1911A1. both weapon systems worked very well for training with things like reloading on the move, running and gunning, clearing rooms as well as vehicle deployment and other aspects of my training. After feeding 3000rd through both of these weapon systems with few problems the barril bushing on my GSG cracked in half..... but Armand already has one on its way to me.

The GSG 1911-22:
    the biggest up side to the GSG is that fact that it runs almost the same as .45cal 1911 with the only down sides is that it is a fair bit lighter and the recoil is lighter as well.

-the trigger breaks crisp with no creep at 4.5lbs
    -the line of sight is the same as most standard length 1911's so there is no need to re-train your eye.
    - the controls are spot on with the mag release, slide stop and safety all where they should be with no need to re-train from the .45cal to the .22cal
    - the Magazine is steal with a polymer but. very easy to disassemble and clean
    - the Accuracy is very fair for a 22cal pistol doing a 2.5inch group at 25yards from a rest and rapid fire drills inside the "Kill zone" on targets at 10 to 15 feet

2.5inch group at 25yards from a rest

Smith and Wesson M&P15-22MOE:
    once again the biggest up side to the 15-22 is that fact that it runs almost the same as my 5.56nato S&W15 with the only down sides is that it is a fair bit lighter and the recoil is lighter and the fire control group is much smaller. (all drills where done with the Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sights except the 200m that was done with a bushnell 6500 elite tactical 2.5x16)

- trigger breaks with some creep at 5.8lbs
    -the controls are 100% dead on with everything working and in the right place from the fire selector switch to the bolt release.
    -the Accuracy is awesome with a few quick changes out of the box i was able to keep rapid fire drills down to 3inches freehand at 25yards as well as "ringing the gong" at 200m (the gong in a steel plate at my gun club on the 200m rifle range)

rapid fire 50rounds offhand at 15m

sorry guys if its long winded or hard to read im just getting over the flu and did this very hasty. i also feel it is important to add that Badger arms are the best customer service and the best people to deal with. my hat goes off to Armand and the rest of the badger staff. thank you very much.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffTheBig; 10-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    Their have been a lot of reports on those barrel bushings.. is Blue line the importer?? If so are they aware and taking to concern back to GSG.. I was gonna buy one but I'm having second thoughts...

PS Jeff it's nice the badger was so good to you but you might want to refrain from the word weapon...
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

Quote Originally Posted by bear.23 View Post
    I was gonna buy one but I'm having second thoughts...

PS Jeff it's nice the badger was so good to you but you might want to refrain from the word weapon...
    Keep in mind that this was the only problem i had with this firearm(better?) after 3000+rds through it. I would buy another one tomorrow if i had to. i dont think you will find a better 22cal 1911 on the market.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffTheBig; 10-01-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Revolted
    We do all the warranty work through Blue Line. Any issue what ever just send it to us and if we can't fix it we will replace it free of charge. You can send us an email at info@Blueline- activities.com or phone us at 604 552 8830

Best regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    We do all the warranty work through Blue Line. Any issue what ever just send it to us and if we can't fix it we will replace it free of charge. You can send us an email at info@Blueline- activities.com or phone us at 604 552 8830

Best regards,
    Scott
    Even if we didnt buy from you?

I thnk Blueline is the distributor for the GSG.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Blue Line

They are the suppliers for us.
    Thanks to the guys at blue line.