Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster course at the TSE was great!

nope, not this basic course anyway - teaches the basics so you can use your holster in the range, but as Can Can pointed out the course does go beyond and is also a intro to being tactical as well.
    being a newb i thought it was a great course to start with considering the low cost.

not sure if the advanced holster course covers the black badge...can probably check the facebook page for more info on that one.
    Last edited by stevehester; 09-21-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling error

Just finished the course on the 29th.

Absolutely the best money I've ever spent on training. I had no idea there were so many things to learn in a holster course.

If I had to come up with a criticism, it would be that the course left me far too eager to do more! I can't wait to get on to the advanced course.

Thanks for the great deal, TSE.

Sorry to Necro post. Just signed up for this course, looking forward to it.

Did you find it covers more of a "Range and target" mindset, or tactical education?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    It does cover some basic tactical handgun use. See post #5 above for what is covered.

Just finished day 1. Very basic stuff, covering grip, stance, sight fundamentals, drawing, etc. About an hour of practical on the range, draw and fire drill, concentrated pair, and failure drill. Very fundamental but necessary fundemental. Id recommend it to anyone who isn't completely comfortable with holster use and ranges overall.

CGN Regular
    I am still waiting for Target Sports to organize one.

Did Day 2 of the course. Covered stoppages, pivot turns, and dynamic shooting (movement). Was a lot more hands on than Day 1. Was a great time, and got to experience hot brass going down the back of my shirt for the first time...Also experienced a weird way of clearing a double feed, consisting of slamming the primary hand's wrist into your knee to eject the magazine prior to clearing. It works, and It was apparently founded at Sig Academy.

All in all, awesome course. Highly recommended to anyone who is new to, or needs brushing up on basics of holster use and tactical shooting. Worth the affordable $75 ($50 for members)

The Instructor, Brian knows his stuff and will help you out if you have questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12