Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapr?

Quote Originally Posted by Opar View Post
    ... ugh, what are you thinking of putting on it?
    for now NF 3.5-15 x50, in time the S&B 1-8. in a larue lt 104 mount.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    for now NF 3.5-15 x50, in time the S&B 1-8. in a larue lt 104 mount.
    I am looking at mounting the same kind of optics. NF 2.5-10 x 24/32 or 3.5-15x50 (the latter may be a bit too heavy and bulky). The S&B sounds just about perfect.

I looks like a NF 2.5-10x24 mounted in the above pic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    Unfortunately burning hobo's alive, beating them with clubs or jizzing on them is not allowed. So this thread is now closed. Did you guys really think it was ok to suggest setting homeless greasy people on fire? We wont even discuss the jizzing on....
    Best. Post. Ever.

the NF 2.5-10x24 is a pretty tempting choice also. the nice thing about NF is they match the ruggedness of the rifle, their stoutness is really hard to beat. its compact, on low power fov is very good, can still use it almost like a red dot and shoot with both eyes open all the way up to 4 power. just a great optic all around. I wish NF would make the nsx series in 1-10 that would be the optimum optic. To be honest any optic on this rifle would make me happy. heck a beeman 4 power will be fine, just as long as I can own the rifle in Canada.

my current favorite set up is a SAN carbine 17.9 with a NF 1-4x24. So in keeping with that would like a small compact optic on the SAPR, but with more mag, to match the ballistics.

I wish NF would make the nsx series in 1-10 that would be the optimum optic.
    I called NF 2-3 months ago to know if they would release a 1-8x / 1.5-10x scope like Leupold and S&B. They said no. Seems that for now all their R&D staff are on FFP scopes, probably aiming more at the long range / sniper community.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

I say 6 more weeks

e

4 weeks done, 2 weeks Maybe??? wishful thinking,

Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    I called NF 2-3 months ago to know if they would release a 1-8x / 1.5-10x scope like Leupold and S&B. They said no. Seems that for now all their R&D staff are on FFP scopes, probably aiming more at the long range / sniper community.
    FFP is the flavor of the day. Works excellent in ranging so I imagine anytime the military can take the thinking out of the equation then its a bonus. I do think you will see a huge trend towards ffp for combat use, which is where NF excels. Their optics in the field under harsh conditions are very hard to beat.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    FFP is all about the reticle. A good (H27) one can make a FFP awesome. Or you can find stuff like FFP scopes with weaver/crosshair reticles...

CGN Regular
    FFP is the flavor of the day. Works excellent in ranging so I imagine anytime the military can take the thinking out of the equation then its a bonus. I do think you will see a huge trend towards ffp for combat use, which is where NF excels. Their optics in the field under harsh conditions are very hard to beat.
    The new revision of the S&b Short Dot 1.1-8 is trying to get the best of both worlds.
    -2 MOA daylight visible red dot in the second focal plane.
    -Mildot reticle ("Mil-Dot CC") in first focal plane

-Up close you can have a bright constant size red dot.
    -Further out you can up the magnification and use the FFP reticle with the ranging advantages that allows under rapidly changing conditions.

First focal plane "Mil-Dot CC" reticle shown on the left:
    ht tp://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm/1-8x24-pm-shortdot-8.html

A decent description of the scope from a US retail site. A bit hyperbolic but you can get the idea. Claims availability August 2011:
    ht tp://longrangesupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3955

"Unique optical sighting technology to cover any potential environment. The 1-8 x 24’s reticle is located in the first focal plane, meaning it remains in the same proportion to the target across the full magnification range. A Schmidt & Bender FlashDot is located in the second focal plane, providing a precise illuminated red dot that remains constant in size. The FlashDot has eleven different intensity settings, from off to extremely bright. At the brightest settings, it is highly visible in glaring sun and against snow and sand. The lowest settings are designed for use with night vision goggles. When the FlashDot is turned off, the reticle functions normally. This results in an unprecedented combination of sighting options that will cover any application or environment the shooter could encounter; a standard reticle for use in normal lighting and precise shot placement at longer ranges, and the remarkable speed of the FlashDot, providing instant target acquisition in close-in and high-stress situations."

I've got a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10 x 40 that will have to do for a while after dropping 6 k or so on the SAPR. Another possibility is my NF 1-4 x 24 but that is working well on my AR.
    S&B 1-8 likely down the road.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    A feature set that seems suspiciously similar to the CQBSS...

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    If you come out to "Glock / NEA" Day this sunday, you may get to fondle the SAPR... who knows, one may end up on the line for T&E.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans