Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sapr?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Locos View Post
    How much longer is this expected to take? The initial samples arrived June of 2011, RCMP asked for more info in May 2012.. is it unreasonable to assume we'll have an FRT issued this summer? Some of the other rifles submitted in the same time frame, such as the SCAR, have already been issued numbers... I'm just wondering what the hold up would be.
    Considering it's been almost 4 years in the making, if not longer, what's another 6-8 months going to do really !!!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I have provided everything to the RCMP. Unfortunately at this time it is out of my hands.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I have provided everything to the RCMP. Unfortunately at this time it is out of my hands.

JR
    Thank you for the update!

Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

How many firearms could thier lab possible have to process in the run of a year? How many people does the lab employ or the services contracted out? What is there annual budget? It would be really interesting to knowing. Anyone know how to get information under the freedom to information act? Is it after all tax income paying for these services and I would also be interested in knowing if the lab is accessable for visits as there is nothing there which should be secret information. Why don't they disclose all the information or is it already listed somewhere?

If they are contracting out parts of this I would be really interested to know who is doing the work.

Also waiting to SAPR to be released. Thanks TSE for your efforts to date.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post

JR
    It really baffles the mind that this rifle has been in with the RCMP for YEARS and we've seen other been sent in and approved in a much shorter time frame.

Sad situation really.

Btw JR - I don't expect you to reply and agree with me; you may just put the SARP all the way at the back of the line! Just voicin' a disappointed voice t'is all.

Over a year ago someone posted an e-mail exchange between the RCMP member and Swiss Arms where the RCMP is asking for details on the rifle. The RCMP member asked clueless questions (obviously had zero clue how the rifle worked) and not surprisingly SA decided not to respond. The RCMP then have replied well we're waiting for info... If I as an engineer displayed such incompetence (especially not picking up the effing phone) I would be canned in short order. It isn't even a case of foxes running the henhouse it's more like lobotomized gnats running the hen house. Bureaucratic incompetence at its finest. So frustrating...
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    We provided the RCMP with extensive data ad responded fully with diagrams and documentation to all of the questions posed.

It is only a waiting game now.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

BANNED
    DANG it..!!!

JR I thought you had some news for us!

I am going to the Gun Factory in Swtzerland this April to buy some "Swiss Furniture" and other various goodies. Keeping my fingers crossed as if the SAPR comes through, my shopping list will just have to change a little.

BANNED
    It's been so long I forgot about this rifle....hahahah, hope this comes through...