Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sapr?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    The FRT will probably follow soon after the RCMP deal with the other Swiss Arms issues.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by r_taylor View Post
    More importantly JR, what is the status of the Swiss Arms rifles? If they are made prohib, the SAPR won't have a hope in hell getting a classification other than prohib.
    We will have to wait for the RCMP to decide. The submission to the RCMP is now finished and is being sent in today.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
    Thanks for the update JR!!

We all know that the RCMP march to their own drum, but to you have a time frame for the revised FRT?
    With the distinct probability that the Classic Green family of rifles will be prohibited in the near future, I wouldn't hold my breath for any approval of the SAPR. The closest you are likely to ever own will be the FAMAE as it already has NR FRT issued IMHO.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The FRT as listed was based on an initial one created by the RCMP after picking up a flyer at SHOTSHOW one year.

The RCMP have had our sample for over 18 months and once they sort out the current SAN Swiss Arms issues, we expect a revised FRT soon after.

JR
    Thanks for the quick reply JR,

Looking forward to having both of these issue finally resolved, and hopefully very favourably!

lonedrone

Dear Sir,

If I have confused you due to your avatar with another, I apologize. However, hope should not be abandoned yet:

I have just finished a 38 page report for the RCMP on this matter. This was prepared with the help of the factory, the SIG museum curators and MD Charlton.

While this report is not being published publicly, I have had it peer reviewed. It clearly shows lineage of all of the proper officially manufactured and imported rifles.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

BANNED
    What a bunch of bull.

It's very disappointing the hoops you guys have to go through to bring in a premium rifle that will likely never be used in a crime.

CGN Regular
    Dear Sir,

If I have confused you due to your avatar with another, I apologize. However, hope should not be abandoned yet:

I have just finished a 38 page report for the RCMP on this matter. This was prepared with the help of the factory, the SIG museum curators and MD Charlton.

While this report is not being published publicly, I have had it peer reviewed. It clearly shows lineage of all of the proper officially manufactured and imported rifles.

JR

I am very much looking forward to hearing what the RCMP says!

lonedrone

Dear Sir,

JR
    They gave you a 2 week extension?

JR is currently attending to his business in the UK and will not be able to respond to questions in a timely fashion. As he said yesterday - the report is now in the hands of the RCMP.

Any new information on either the Classic Swiss or the SAPR?