Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Surplus Gen2 Glock 17's

BANNED

Police Surplus Gen2 Glock 17's

I might be shooting myself in the foot (pardon the pun) posting this, but TSE had 10 police surplus Gen2's G17's for $399 each. They were a bit banged up and rough aesthetically, single pin too - but at $400 I thought "What the hay?" It dry fired fine and well, why not add another to the family?

So I found an interesting read with that Generation of Glock's here:

thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html#nb7

I called the distributor who sold the guns to TSE as well as Glock Technical support (on that website) and confirmed with the serial number for the gun I bought that this generation DID have the 6 part upgrade and is good to go.

The distributor couldn't comment on any others - saying they were agency armored and there's a good chance at them having the upgrade (the rep I spoke with commented that police agencies evidently are usually the first to jump on free upgrades), and even if not, they could order the parts in for $20 to replace them (being used, the guns aren't under warranty).

I think I might pick up a second one... maybe... just a matter of finding the money...

BANNED
    They had a few left on Friday, but I checked mine this morning, and while dim, the night sights still glow... Man, I'm really mulling over gettin a second.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 09-15-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks for the info, going to go have a look at these
    ‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. ― Robert A. Heinlein

Mind posting a link, not seeing them on the website
    ‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. ― Robert A. Heinlein

Got me one yesterday....
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I'm sure they aren't well used, might be a decent purchase
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

What store is this, maybe a link?
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

BANNED
    Don't know if it was an in store deal, there was a big sign up front.

Mine had pretty significant holster wear, a bit of peening inside the slide by the barrel, and a few chips on the top of the slide. The tennifer finish liked worn off the slide.

I ran 50 rounds from 7, 10, 25 and 50 yards and it shot as well as any of my other gen3 17s.

My competition 17 barrel looks more worn actually.

CGN frequent flyer
    Peening inside the slide next to the barrel is simply an artifact of the one-pin locking block on the G17. Glock Inc. says it is self limiting.

I've put thousands of rounds thru my Gen 2 G17, the slide peening self-limited for me so far.

Police Glocks would be a good buy, the design can take a lot of rounds and dragging around in holsters and come back for more.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by silen View Post
    What store is this, maybe a link?
    The shooting edge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast