Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911A1C Arriving in September 2010

BANNED

1911A1C Arriving in September 2010

Is the 1911A1 Commander that is arriving in September 2010 going to be an "upgraded" model?

I see that other 1911s you carry have been upgraded with various features including better triggers, 3 dot sighting, extended mag release, competition hammer, etc. so I am curious as I prefer this model over any other.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Where did you read that with the upgraded features?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Take a look at a lot of other websites. They have them and give a definition or pic of what they are and what they have

ellwood, frontier, badger etc......

BANNED
    The upgraded features are listed on Marstar's web site:

New features that have been added to further enhance the 1911A1.

- Three dot sighting system - Extended slide release
    - Front slide serrations - Ambidextrous safety
    - Raised anti glare rib on slide - Large beavertail grip safety
    - Lite weight competition hammer - Lightened target trigger
    - Full length guide rod - The finish is non-reflective satin blue.
    - Extended mag release - Comes with two magazines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Which is the most desirable model out of the 1911 Norcs and why?

BANNED
    I like the Commander model because it is compact but I want the new features on it. After that, I guess it would be the 1911A1-Sport-B for $349 as it seems the most refined and an upgrade from the Government model in the same size. I'm not a fan of the plain Government model nor two tones. I think fine tuning the 1911A1-Sport-B would be a great project as well and a great way to learn the 1911 platform cheaply.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a NP-28 with competition hammer and serious trigger work done. The grip is quite big and the gun is heavy but the trigger is crisp at 2.5 pounds which makes shooting a blast. I would like to add a standard model 1911 to it, so any info is appreciated. Thanks so far to Graeco.

A fellow club member bought a Norinco 1911A1-Sport two tone from Marstar and he likes it. He said he shot about 250 rounds out of it without any problems. He tells me the mags that come with them are not that great.

I had a look at it and I was impressed with the finish, the bleuing on the rail was flawless. I also liked the weight. I'm thinking of buying one, I'm just trying to decide if I should get a Black or tow tone.

JonnyBender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Which is the most desirable model out of the 1911 Norcs and why?
    The most desirable model is the one that you like the best... Don't worry about what outer people like, the build quality will be similar on all of them and Marstar has the same ironclad warranty on all of them. So pick the one that has the features/style that you like and don't worry.

What features do you find desirable in a 1911? Government or Commander length? Extended controls? Plain GI style controls? Two tone or just blued? etc... Tell us what you think you might like and we can steer you in the right direction.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    The most desirable model is the one that you like the best... Don't worry about what outer people like, the build quality will be similar on all of them and Marstar has the same ironclad warranty on all of them. So pick the one that has the features/style that you like and don't worry.

What features do you find desirable in a 1911? Government or Commander length? Extended controls? Plain GI style controls? Two tone or just blued? etc... Tell us what you think you might like and we can steer you in the right direction.
    Yeah, if I would know the difference, they all look the same on the pics, .., smaller would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast