Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: pls grizzly drum mag!!??

Quote Originally Posted by P12 View Post
    I think there would be more interest in regular mags with a higher capacity, 7 or 8 rounds. They would be easier to manufacture and would fit in mag pouches. Nothing against the drums but it seams like they would be more expensive, bulkier and heavier.

A double stack mag would be the best option.
    +1, 7 or 8 round magazines make more sense to me too.

How about creating a +2 magazine extension that fit on regular mags, it would be easier to design/make then a completely new drum.
    Bashing another mans boomstick just once is a cardinal sin to the gun gods - lucky07

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_arctic_hero View Post

How about creating a +2 magazine extension that fit on regular mags, it would be easier to design/make then a completely new drum.
    Thats a freaking awesome idea!!! If you can make a +2 floorplate for most pistols.........why not a shotgun?? Your a genius,,,now who wants to build it?

C,mon,l i need 10 for next weekend. :D

Or 2 current mags together for a 10 round mag :P
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_arctic_hero View Post

Good idea, my mind is rolling that around

Quote Originally Posted by wood800 View Post
    Good idea, my mind is rolling that around
    Another idea to increase ammo capacity is cutting the stock magazine follower or creating a new magazine follower.

I remember seeing on CGN that someone extended the mags capacity by +1 by slightly cutting about ~1/2 inch off the stock magazine follower. Also, at one point i think bayboybesson suggested he was creating a new follower but that was awhile ago, not sure if it ever went through.

Hope this helps,
    CAH
    Bashing another mans boomstick just once is a cardinal sin to the gun gods - lucky07

CGN Regular
    Question is how how much do you want to pay for it?

The injected molded MD20 in the USA is as low as 80 bucks, but the upfront cost for injection molding is high. Tough to recoupe your initial investment with a small market.

The largely CNC machined Alliance Armament Wriathmaker is over 350 which is more that the gun!!

Someone could send Alliance Arms a sample and see if they could modifiy their current drum. Might be possible since the tower is replacable, but it will be expensive.

Years ago I made a drum mag for a clip fed paintball gun called the RAP4. I could have annother go at it.

GC
    Last edited by Gas Can; 12-20-2010 at 10:10 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wood800 View Post
    Those dam patents, I would probably just build one for myself,don't feel like a lawsuit, I will have to investigate some more.
    They only last for 20 years (unless extended and that is limited, too), search them and see how many have expired already. Also note that patents do not apply for personal use. You can copy whatever you want for your own purposes without issue. It is only if you sell them that the patent would be at issue.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P12 View Post
    I think there would be more interest in regular mags with a higher capacity, 7 or 8 rounds. They would be easier to manufacture and would fit in mag pouches. Nothing against the drums but it seams like they would be more expensive, bulkier and heavier.

A double stack mag would be the best option.
    Here here!
    Cheap, easy, RELIABLE. Can't go wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    At this point i would be happy if Canada Ammo just got some magfed grizzlies in stock! They have been out of stock for what like a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Reddogg have a big iq, like a green plants, and -2 compare to a pitbulls! It is my last post concerning that gentleman,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Sorry for doing whatever I want on the internet. Sometimes you can ask a smart question and still get a stupid answer, life's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by redddogg69 View Post
    At this point i would be happy if Canada Ammo just got some magfed grizzlies in stock! They have been out of stock for what like a year?
    Where have you been? You missed a big pre-order a couple of months ago and they even had more in stock when the order came in!

Not for long though :D
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ