Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bi pod

bi pod

Do you guys carry a bipod that could come off easy and fit any gun on the barel of guns?

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    We don't have any bipods that clamp directly to a barrel. We do carry Harris and Shooters Ridge bipods that attach to sling swivel studs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeretimex View Post
    Do you guys carry a bipod that could come off easy and fit any gun on the barel of guns?
    You don't really wnat that kind of bipod because it will move your POI - there is no such animal actually.

- Harris is probably the most universial bipod as it attaches to the sling swivel.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

They do have bipods that clamp to the barrel. I have one. It works like a pair of sizzors with a spring inside to keep tension on it. It's made of plastic. I dont know where you could get on these days, I bought mine at a gun show years ago.

I'm sure you could find one somewhere

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Polar Man's Avatar
    NS (if you use the EE, add your province here at the very least!)
    Go with a Harris and never look back.

i use a harris.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    I believe NcStar makes bipods that are barrel clamped, but as GreenTips said, they shift your POI by putting upward pressure on the barrel.

In my opinion, don't attach anything to your barrel, sounds like a bad idea, just another thing to blame when you don't hit the target

From my experience, a bi-pod works best if you match it to your most comfortable shooting position. If you lay down flat to shoot, choose a short bi-pod. If you sit to shoot with your elbows on your knees, choose a longer bi-pod, etc.

Also, I agree with others who said a bi-pod should not be mounted to the barrel, as the rule of thumb is a barrel will be more accuarte with the less attachments connected to it. I have Harris bi-pods mounted to the swivel stud, and am very pleased with them.

All the best.,
    Scanner

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winnipeg Toymaker's Avatar
    I bought one of those plastic "so called bipods" at Cabela's., it scratched the barrel and was awful to try to level the crosshairs. It ended up down a badger hole . I would not ever attempt to hang another support on my barrel again, A small hole drilled and a swivel mount put in and never looked back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast