Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted FS-2000...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar

Well that is some great news! I didnt think I would see these barrels come in ever again.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by patric25 View Post
    Is it possible now? non restricted fs-2000?

thanks
    It was possible before. Kodiak Supplies and Questar both had a limited supply of out-of-the-box non-restricted FS2000's that sold out around the end of 2010.

Now you have to purchase the restricted version and have it rebarreled, which means money for the barrel, shipping charges, and cost to have it installed at a gunsmith (and once again, additional shipping charges). Overall, you'll be looking at $800 - $1000 (and time) on top of the cost of the FS2000 to get it converted over. Plus, you have to have your RPAL even if you end up with a non-restricted version.

hmm, not interesting for now, until it comes out of the box non-restricted...

thanks for your answers

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but do you have any idea what the life of these non-restricted barrels could be?? I found somewhere that he original cold hammer forged barrels were good for almost 20 000 rounds (not when used in a regular automatic role for the F2000).
    I have found a used one for sale, this is why I'm inquiring.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Recce guy01 View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but do you have any idea what the life of these non-restricted barrels could be?? I found somewhere that he original cold hammer forged barrels were good for almost 20 000 rounds (not when used in a regular automatic role for the F2000).
    I have found a used one for sale, this is why I'm inquiring.
    Thanks
    The non-restricted FS2000 / barrels we had produced for us should be good for 10k ish rounds before any degradation in accuracy is noticed. However, that being said it will depend on the ammunition the person used, how often it was cleaned and how well maintained the rifle was.

So, I have now failed to purchase a fs2000 "standard" (tiny optic model w/cover) on several US bidding sites - but have yet to give up! - and I am curious as to how some of the fs2000 owners here an managed to get a hold of "judo chop" charging handles.

Now, Questar has been exceptionally patient with me for holding on to the last 18.5" fs2000 barrel, but how does one get these upgrades?

Did owners add a little "celery " to the owners to have them pre installed prior to shipping them across?

Any little bit of info would help. I know Daver II and on shot 20? Has some experience, but any bit would help. Cheers!

~ Thomas

Ian at herron arms. Also check the bullpup armory. You may be able to purchase from there, just not sure about import rules.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    So, I have now failed to purchase a fs2000 "standard" (tiny optic model w/cover) on several US bidding sites - but have yet to give up! - and I am curious as to how some of the fs2000 owners here an managed to get a hold of "judo chop" charging handles.

Now, Questar has been exceptionally patient with me for holding on to the last 18.5" fs2000 barrel, but how does one get these upgrades?

Did owners add a little "celery " to the owners to have them pre installed prior to shipping them across?

Any little bit of info would help. I know Daver II and on shot 20? Has some experience, but any bit would help. Cheers!

~ Thomas
    Are meaning me?

First of all, my Judo Chop charging handle came on the preowned rifle I purchased locally. No idea how the previous owner sourced it.

Secondly, the way you suggest that the american owner "ships it across to you apon recieving payment is incorrect. You must have a company like Irunguns or Prophet River broker the deal and look after the export/import side of things or you will be in violations of federal laws on both sides of the border and could there for could face time in federal prison for offenses on either side.

Thirdly, almost all gun related items are subject to ITAR regs. Read up on it, not something you want to mess with blindly. Might be able to find a scalper if you look carefully. If I find something I'll keep you in mind!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Are meaning me?

First of all, my Judo Chop charging handle came on the preowned rifle I purchased locally. No idea how the previous owner sourced it.

Secondly, the way you suggest that the american owner "ships it across to you apon recieving payment is incorrect. You must have a company like Irunguns or Prophet River broker the deal and look after the export/import side of things or you will be in violations of federal laws on both sides of the border and could there for could face time in federal prison for offenses on either side.

Thirdly, almost all gun related items are subject to ITAR regs. Read up on it, not something you want to mess with blindly. Might be able to find a scalper if you look carefully. If I find something I'll keep you in mind!
    Agree. You need to know if it is an itar issue. Sometimes non critical parts are not an issue, but I have no idea. As we all know the laws make no sense. Ian at herron brought the one on my fs in and installed it. You will not find any FN products (or even aftermarket accessories) in Canada without a hell of a lot of calls and searching. I would know I have a number of FN rifles. Every charging handle, brass collector, etc has been a mission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast