Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted FS-2000...

Questar - CGN Sponsor

Non-Restricted FS-2000...

We now have inventory of our Non-Restricted FS-2000 rifles... $3,399.99

Both the Flat-Top Rail and the 1.6 Optic version are available...

• Custom Match Grade Barrel built exclusively for Questar
    • 18.7" allows gun to be registered as "Non-Restricted" firearm
    • 1:9 Twist
    • 1/2 x 28 by .635" threads (standard AR15/M16 thread) allows you to choose from a wide variety of flash hiders and muzzle devices (not just limited to FN's muzzle device).
    • Same profile as original factory barrel, but slightly heavier under hand guard... also, the front barrel bracket installs much tighter than factory original which increases accuracy substantially.
    • Includes 1 x 30 round (pinned to 5) magazine

To order Non-Restricted FS-2000 go here...

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1431&bc=no

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1432&bc=no

For those who already have an FS-2000 and want to re-register their guns as Non-Restricted, we also have the 18.7" Match Grade Barrels available for sale as a stand-a-lone item... you will require a qualified Gunsmith to install the barrel.

Mark
    Last edited by Questar; 09-05-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    A few people have asked for more details about the barrels we're using on the FS2000 non-Restricted.

The barrels are custom made for us by Hi-Desert Dog, specifically for our Canadian market.

They are built from hand picked Green Mountain and E.R. Shaw rifle blanks.

HDD has over 30 years of experience building custom barrels and they have been building custom FN PS90 and FS2000 barrels since those guns hit the market.

The results speak for themselves... Their barrels are premium quality and deliver superior accuracy.

Mark

They have allot of neat kits...including soon to be released caliber conversion kits for the FN Scar. I wonder if one was converted to 19" .308 (like your short barreled Glocks) If it could be imported as a Non restricted .308 instead of an Evil military caliber?

Mark,

Did HDD do the barrel conversions for you (parts switchover before import)?, Also, I can't seem to find the barrel on your website on it's own... can you tell me how much the barrel would cost by itself - pm is fine...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper1015 View Post
    Mark,

Did HDD do the barrel conversions for you (parts switchover before import)?, Also, I can't seem to find the barrel on your website on it's own... can you tell me how much the barrel would cost by itself - pm is fine...

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    They did the guns that are on our website for sale right now (modified in the US and imported as Non-Restricted firearms).

We did one ourselves some months ago so we know what the installation is like... it is NOT a user install item. It takes a knowledgeable gunsmith with equipment. Getting the locking collar off the factory barrel is a challenge and it must be done carefully since the part needs to be used on the new barrel... HDD actually made their own tool for this removal process and I can tell you that's it's a real challenge without the tool .

Also... getting the headspace right is critical and something that needs to be done by someone who knows what they're doing.

The barrels (on their own) did not arrive in our last shipment... we are expecting them to arrive late this month. I don't believe we've got them on our website yet. I don't have pricing finalized but I think we were looking at $399.99 (HDD sells their 17.4" version for $379.00 in the US).

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Mark - any chance I can pre-order a barrel, or hold one for me? Just picked up a restricted, and I'll likely do the barrel change ASAP.

What gunsmiths do you recommend to do the work? Know of anyone out west?

Also - do you have the tri-rail in stock? Any discounts for CGNers?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    i know this thread is a month old, but I have a question for questar -

If purchasing a non-restricted FN2000 (or any restricted turned non-res), do you ship the original barrel along with the rifle?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSchultz View Post
    i know this thread is a month old, but I have a question for questar -

If purchasing a non-restricted FN2000 (or any restricted turned non-res), do you ship the original barrel along with the rifle?
    Not usually. In the case of the FN2000, many of the parts from the factory barrel are needed to install the new barrel... so the original barrel has to have the muzzle break drilled and removed (it's blind pinned in place)... the locking collar and other parts need to be pressed or knocked off and then re-used to install the non-restricted barrel. Each firearm is different and involves different steps and different parts... but generally it's not like the original barrel can be easily put back in (would require a gunsmith, etc.).

When we price the non-restricted gun we do so having allowed for the fact that we keep the take-off barrel... in many cases we are able to get something for it from the gunsmith who is doing the work and so it goes to reduce the costs we incur in having the work done.

If you want a take-off barrel we can probably make arrangments to get one for you... the cost would depend on the gun involved and the situation at that time. If you want more info on that then you'd need to email me and give me the specifics of the gun, etc. that you're looking for and I could see what can be done for you and at what cost.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    Thanks Mark, good to know! would be nice to have an extra barrel

When are the non-restricted barrels going to be available for purchase, and what is their chambering? Would suck to have the 5.56 x 45 markings on the receiver become meaningless.

Speaking of markings, do you know if one legally can remove the import markings "FNH USA Fredericksburg VA" and the sticker (which is degrading) on the bottom of the receiver with the serial number in a bar code? I imagine they are not necessary. Oh, and is the upper or the lower considered the firearm, as both have the serial number engraved on them? (Serial number if found at-least thrice, as far as I can tell: upper, lower, and silly sticker, which is falling off.)
    Target shooters & hunters ≠ Gangsters & mass murderers | Prostitutes ≠ Pimps and human traffickers | Drug users ≠ Methlab operators & narcotraffickers | Homosexuals ≠ Abomination before nature | Abortion ≠ Murder
    We are all seeking personal freedom.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast