Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to transfer a restricted firearm into your name? Help!!!

BANNED

How long does it take to transfer a restricted firearm into your name? Help!!!

Yesterday i bought a Glock 17 gen 4 at a gun shop a hour from my house (I live in ontario). I just got my pal and don't have a latt and im still looking for a gun club i like if it makes any difference. I was wondering how long it would take for the gun to be put in my name so i can go get it? I already payed them the full money (Saved up for a while), so im a little bit anxious that it wont go through or something. Thanks you in advance for all your time and help

Thanks,
    Vince

My experience has been same day. Got gun shipped within the same week. YMMV.

CGN Regular
    deleted
    Last edited by glockguycalgary; 09-03-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: wrong thread

I just bought 3 pistols from a dealer in Ontario...on Aug 23...and am still waiting ...I hear it is 2-3 weeks these days...

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know you will not receive the firearm until you join a club, because in Canada the only reason you should have a handgun is to target shoot and the only legal place to target shoot is at a club.....after that if this is your first restricted you will have to wait for your authorization to transport which in my case took a little over a week for my first restricted, after that its usually less then a day wait for me.

I bought one on the 27th and it was counted on the ATT when I called to change my address today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentk View Post
    Yesterday i bought a Glock 17 gen 4 at a gun shop a hour from my house (I live in ontario). I just got my pal and don't have a latt and im still looking for a gun club i like if it makes any difference. I was wondering how long it would take for the gun to be put in my name so i can go get it? I already payed them the full money (Saved up for a while), so im a little bit anxious that it wont go through or something. Thanks you in advance for all your time and help

Thanks,
    Vince
    If that is all you have, you will never get it, you need an RPAL, to purchase a pistol

if it was just a typo on your part, then it can take anywhere from a day to a month, it's up to the CFO

BANNED

Whoops I thought

Whoops I thought even if i said pal people would know i have both restricted and non restricted or else the gun shop guy will not let me buy the gun in the first place.

no need to ask the same question 3 times either......

a wee bit overkill............

I live in Alberta, Purchased a Restricted at a local shop yesterday.. transfer was done today (Probably was done yesterday but they said call back tomorrow morning and it will be done) , STATT and LTATT done today... same day I purchased online from Ontario and haven't even received a reference # for the transfer yet... from what I hear dealing with the Ontario CFO takes time... no so with the Alberta CFO
    CPC | WRA | NFA | CSSA | SGGC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast